Picked up another kinda rare oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought some Chevron Supreme Synthetic 5W-40 a few weeks ago. This time around I bought some Kendall Full Synthetic 5W-30. I know this oil isn't that hard to find, but you don't hear about it much on Bitog. I paid $4.99 a quart at a local Indy parts place. That's the everyday price.

It will be going into my girlfriends 2011 Chevy Cruze.

009-2.jpg

Be nice to have some long term data on this oil to see how well it performs like other brands here,any plans for UOA?

the only thing that comes close that i can get from auto-zone, is the fram full synthetic. (supposedly made by conoco phillips)

Originally Posted By: volk06
I can easily find the synblend but the fullsyn is a rare beast around here.

Even the Synthetic blend is not widely available here.

Originally Posted By: lexus114
Originally Posted By: volk06
I can easily find the synblend but the fullsyn is a rare beast around here.

Even the Synthetic blend is not widely available here.

Theres different farm fleet stores here that carry it (one @3.29 and one @ 2.29/qt), after that its Oreily Auto parts 4.29. I'm lucky the farm fleet stores are around. The 2.29 is everyday price, nice little secret find
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: BGK
Fram is selling oil under their own name???

Yup, at my Local Auto-Zone they are. It`s in an orange bottle too.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lexus114
Originally Posted By: BGK
Fram is selling oil under their own name???

Yup, at my Local Auto-Zone they are. It`s in an orange bottle too.

Hah hah next we'll be hearing about the Orange Bottle of Death!

Seriously if it's Conoco/Phillips it should be good stuff.

One thing I like about CP. They are staright forward about their oils. They don't try to hide anything. They are upfront about buying their group III base oils from South Korea. Their data sheets are well put together also. Not unlike another Houston base oil company.

016.jpg

i thought about picking some of that up to use in the Xterra. Next time im in Costless, I will leave a paper with "Hi Finkle"written on it and stick it somewhere in the oil section. you seem to frequent them often

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back