Picked up an extra...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I grabbed a Taurus G2c 9mm the other week. I already own one like it. Well, it's the PT111 G2 I bought back in 2013. Same gun as far as I can tell. Took out the new G2c and ran 200 rounds through it. Flawless and quite accurate. No complaints. Nothing fancy or anything to get super excited about. But I just can't find any fault with the first one I purchased years ago so figured a second one wouldn't hurt. For the price of these guns they're hard to beat. An extra carry gun is always nice. I probably wouldn't have posted this but I'm bored as many of us may be. Something new to read is always welcome. Anyone else enjoy their Taurus G2c?

F1F8EE22-A821-4C3B-8434-C6CF6E83BFAB.jpeg

Originally Posted by Sonic
I grabbed a Taurus G2c 9mm the other week. I already own one like it. Well, it's the PT111 G2 I bought back in 2013. Same gun as far as I can tell.

If you go on YouTube and search, there are some videos that compare the PT111 G2 to the G2c. Supposedly, the G2c has a better trigger. The earlier PT111 G2 also had a recoil spring that didn't have flat ground ends, and the spring could walk and cause slide lock-up issues. There are a few YT videos about too. I think Taurus improved the recoil spring around 2016-2017.

I have had many of the Taurus guns and they are as good as guns that cost a lot more. Their Customer Service is fine, also.

We're in a pretty secluded spot up here n the mountains. I keep an older Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro by the front door. It has never given me any problems. I'll throw it on when I walk out into the woods. I'd have no qualms about buying a newer model.

I have a PT111 G2 bought in 2015 or 2016. Never a problem. Shoots aluminum case to hollow point and everything in between. Good size, great capacity and fairly lightweight. As previously pointed out, magazines are expensive and not always readily available.

I had no idea there had been any issues concerning the recoil spring on the original PT111 G2. Although I own that gun and have had it almost 7 years (I think) I never really researched it much. I looked at the recoil spring in it and it looks great. Just like the new one.

As far as round count I don't know. Once I hit about 1000 rounds in a new gun I don't keep track any longer. I'm sure there's a few thousand through it. The new G2c only has 200 down the pipe.

Magazines for this gun have been $19.99 at my local Dunham's sports. I grabbed a few extra. They are factory mags too. Great price but gone now.

Originally Posted by Sonic
I had no idea there had been any issues concerning the recoil spring on the original PT111 G2. Although I own that gun and have had it almost 7 years (I think) I never really researched it much. I looked at the recoil spring in it and it looks great. Just like the new one.

I think the recoil spring assembly in the very early PT111 G2 production didn't have the flat ground ends on the large spring. If yours has flat ground ends on the large spring then it's the updated version.

I have a few handguns, including a Glock 27 and a Taurus PT709, which shares some of the same innards as the PT111. Of late, the PT709 is my daily carry, because of it's dependability, small size and accuracy. I'd buy another Taurus and have recommended them to friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back