Picked up a Tahoe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it for $3000 from my brothers father in law after a Subaru dealer lowballed him on trade-in value.
2001 Chevy Tahoe LT 4x4, 5.3L/4L60E/NP246,Gov-Loc 3.73:1 with 104,xxx, Every option besides the moonroof & dual battery.

Just had the 100,000 maintenance done at the dealer.....Spark plugs & wires, Drive belts, Fan clutch, Fuel filter, Fuel pump, Trans service, Front wheel bearings, Pads & Rotors, & a ABS module(Common internal relay failure) using all GM parts.
Changed the oil with Mobil 1 10x30 EP & a PF61 filter on sunday.

Needs.....
Bilstein shocks
Both differentials serviced (Mobil 1 75w90)
T-Case service (Castrol Transynd)
Front end greased
Coolant exchange (Dexcool)
Front tires, Michelin LTX M/S to match, The rears are in great shape (Lack of rotations)
Alignment
Fog Light switch
Source a few knobs for the radio

Very nice running & driving truck, No rips or tears in the leather, Original Windshield is a little pitted if I really wanted to nitpick, Time to get rid of the Toyota that I can't stand, If I was wealthy & deranged..... I would have it dropped on Toyota's headquarters from 30,000 feet.

Now that's a nice, clean Tahoe
smile.gif

Super nice ride and very clean with low miles! Dealer could have easily flipped it for $5000, guess they tried to get greedy.

I've always seem rust propagating from the roof rack mounts on junkyard/POS Tahoes. It's refreshing to see a clean and well maintained one that is still on the road. Cheap, easily obtainable and plentiful of parts is why I love the GMT800 platform.

Last edited:
That is a killer deal on a fine vehicle.

Your 100k maintenance list includes the fuel pump. Did they replace it because it failed or as preventative maintenance? The fuel pumps in this generation are notorious...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cpayne5
That is a killer deal on a fine vehicle.

Your 100k maintenance list includes the fuel pump. Did they replace it because it failed or as preventative maintenance? The fuel pumps in this generation are notorious...

Spark plugs, ATF, Trans Filter, & T-case drain & fill are the only things required for the 100K service, He was getting some hard starts & the dealer diagnosed a failing fuel pump along with the other stuff, To be clear HE had it done right before 100K, I didn't have it done.

Very nice deal and find. 104k is low milage for those 5.3 engines. Also, if you do get water on the passenger side after a strong rain there is a panel under the wiper cowl where the OEM silicon cracks, common issue as well. I just did mine last year used marine grade silicon and no issue.

Originally Posted By: JBinTX30
Very nice deal and find. 104k is low milage for those 5.3 engines. Also, if you do get water on the passenger side after a strong rain there is a panel under the wiper cowl where the OEM silicon cracks, common issue as well. I just did mine last year used marine grade silicon and no issue.

Thanks for the heads up! Is this just a GMT-800 SUV issue? My 2006 2500HD & my previous 2002 2500HD never had issues with this.

Wow, nice, I've always liked this generation Tahoe and Suburban. You guys are lucky in the South not to have rust within a couple years!

Nice - looks like my former AWD Yukon - new to 107k without seeing the dealer and passed on to son for another 3 years.

Looks like he had $1500-$2000 worth of maintenance done on the vehicle before he sold it to you. So you basically paid $1000 for the vehicle, plus the maintenance. Nice score.

Looks awesome and definitely well maintained. Love the color.

That is one really nice Tahoe!! I see a lot of 2000-2006 Tahoes in my neck of woods that are in really good shape but yours beats them all. I have no doubt you will love it.

Originally Posted By: clinebarger
Thanks for the heads up! Is this just a GMT-800 SUV issue? My 2006 2500HD & my previous 2002 2500HD never had issues with this.

Yes I believe so.

Status
Not open for further replies.