Pick one: opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is better between these 3 synthetic blends-Plz don't say just use full synthetic. your choice doesn't only have to be based on factsheets- just pick the one you prefer. your opinion really matters to me
smile.gif

1)Castrol syntec blens
2)Mobil clean 7500
3)valvoline blend

I called castrol- they told me that all there blends have 11-30% synthetic in them. I like how mobil Guarantees 7500 intrevels

1)Castrol Syntec Blend 10W-30 = GF-4/CF not mentioned (not CF certified?)
2)Mobil Clean 7500 10W-30 = GF-4/CF
3)Valvoline Synthetic Blend (DuraBlend) 10W-30 = GF-4/CF

taken from their respective website. thank you TooSlick about API CF info. valvoline was highly recommended to me by 77GrandPrix (thank you).

Mobil claims that: "Mobil clean 7500 has 18% more cleaning additives than even our premium conventional motor oil- mobil clean 5000" and that the "conventional 5000 has 15% more cleaning detergents than the leading conventional motor oil" thats a total of 33%

i don't buy maxlife. why is it only for high mileage? if it does what it does- than why not use it from the get go after break in?

i've emailed Valvoline 2 days ago & got a reply: their full synthetic SynPower & synthetic mix DuraBlend are beefed up with seal swell/seal conditioners, though not as much as MaxLife. i would use either Valvoline or Mobil 7500. Mobil 7500 is also API CD. what does CD mean?

quote:

Originally posted by KieferS:
i don't buy maxlife. why is it only for high mileage? if it does what it does- than why not use it from the get go after break in?

You can use it from the get go since it is the only HM oil on the market that remains the same viscosity within grade has regular oils. All the other HM oils of other brands are of a thicker viscosity within grade than regular oils to "take up slack" of a worn engine. MaxLife is actually DuraBlend with added seal conditioners.

ohh so i see- HM oil 10w20 is actually thicker than a normal 10w20 on oils beside maxlife. man- st day here and i already learn something. So why doesn't valvoline recomend maxlife for all mileages?

Their is no reason not to use MaxLife at all mileages. You don't want to use Castrol HM on a low mileage engine because it is 2 cSt's thicker than its brother GTX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back