Pic please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it shouldnt be this hard but im having a real tough time finding GC at my local autozone, can somone post a pic of the back of the bottle showing where it says made in germany?

I had you a picture all locked up but apparently in the creation of the new GC Forum, some of the posts on GC in other forums have been lost...this is a sad day for civilization as we know it...

thanks to AndyH

-

And some easy ways to tell from the front, if it has a yellow label on the front or a red label with the starburst, it is not GC. The only way to tell if it is the green or gold is to look at the date code on the bottom. M02-M04 are GC, M0501*** is probably green, any other M05 your probably going to get the new gold GC. I saw a bottle of M0502**, but could not tell without opening the bottle what color it was so I left it.

We as admin/mods did not delete any posts on GC. They are probably further back than we went. I think Rugerman went back about 8 months. Each post had to be transferred manually.

cheers.gif

That pic was from at least M03 vintage and probably M02. In M04, the "MADE IN GERMANY" was moved to under the red label "SAE 0W30" on the right side of bottle. Also the M04 bottles have "Castrol a BP Group brand" with, I guess, a bp logo. Not sure of the back of M05 bottles. There are red label bottles of Castrol Syntec 0w30 that do not have the "MADE IN GERMANY" quote to them....those are the ones you DO NOT WANT!!!!

[ April 22, 2005, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: '00obw ]

quote:

Originally posted by 59 Vetteman:
We as admin/mods did not delete any posts on GC. They are probably further back than we went. I think Rugerman went back about 8 months. Each post had to be transferred manually.

cheers.gif

Thanks for the effort made to preserve the history of The Green. The Elves and I appreciate your efforts.

quote:

And some easy ways to tell from the front, if it has a yellow label on the front or a red label with the starburst, it is not GC. The only way to tell if it is the green or gold is to look at the date code on the bottom. M02-M04 are GC, M0501*** is probably green, any other M05 your probably going to get the new gold GC. I saw a bottle of M0502**, but could not tell without opening the bottle what color it was so I left it. [/qb]

Ahh...you need training in covert GC bottle opening. Opening the bottle is easy - the hard part is smelling the oil without getting strange looks.

[ April 22, 2005, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: rcy ]

quote:

Originally posted by kcryan:
**** i cant find it in ny area

That is surprising...I would think, given your climate, that Rochester would be a primo market...unless you don't have a lot of "do-it-yourselfers" or Eurocar fans (or both) in your area.

quote:

Originally posted by '00obw:
That pic was from at least M03 vintage and probably M02.

I hope your right about that, because there are 12 quarts of the "left sided" Made in Germany at one of the local AZ's right now. I thought it was the newer gold stuff and passed on it w/o looking for the MO #'s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back