Photos of 2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Nice car.

Does Texas have front license plates? If not, I'd get rid of that ugly thing on the front.

I've never had a plate on the front of my car. I've had it for 15 or so years and have never been harassed. I think front plates look hideous.

Good thing you don't live in MA. You'd get pulled over real fast.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Nice car.

Does Texas have front license plates? If not, I'd get rid of that ugly thing on the front.

I've never had a plate on the front of my car. I've had it for 15 or so years and have never been harassed. I think front plates look hideous.

That is Odd, all the cars ive seen in Texas are dual tagged?
Got my Disabled Veteran plates today, looks a lot nicer without the dealer tags
19.gif

Nice, a proper hot hatch. The Veloster Turbo has nice scare-the-passenger handles in the center console right?

I really like the orange. I wish I could have gotten the GC in that color but I think only the concept vehicle sported that option.

Originally Posted By: dblshock
nice hatch

ok, couple q's...

How is the 7 speed DCT?

MPG.?

Do you like it?

The 7 speed is nice. Fun to shift via Paddle Shifters on steering wheel, fun to shift +\- on the actual stick.
Rides like a manual in a sense. Even on flat ground, if you are stopped and let go of the brake, it does have rollback.

MPG varies.
HWY with ECO on, I range around 37 MPG
HWY without eco, roughly 34MPG
city with ECO on is around 27
City with ECO off is around 25.

On highway, I drive mostly with Eco on except for instances where I want to have fun
City, I tend to keep Eco off

The car surprisingly enough, has as much if not more trunk room (this things deep) than my previous 13 Dart.

I test drove this and the Elantra GT at the same time

The Veloster (Turbo, the NA was a little weak) had it beat IMHO in every way possible

If I had to rate it
It would go
1. Veloster Turbo
2. Elantra GT
3. Veloster NA

I test drove the Rally trim, as well as a regular Manual Turbo

The DCT 7 Speed is way more refined, the manual felt kinda clunky

In comparison, I have driven 2015/2014 Focus STs, And they feel nothing like this car.
More room, better turning, and so much more.
I am 6ft 1, 235 lbs. I fit in this better than any Focus or Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back