Photo show of Canadian St. Thomas Assy Plant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought this would be nice to post. Pictures and the show available here.
thumbsup2.gif

Thanks you very much for sharing Falcon_LS..It actually brought tears to my eyes.

Unless you are a Panther lover like me and Falcon_LS [and maybe 5 or 10 other guys here on Bob Is The Oil Guy] you would not understand this in million years.

Nice video, thanks for the post. I've been thru a plant closing (GM Baltimore plant) and it's never easy.

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
Why did it close?

Not sure, over capacity maybe...50 years of building cars; I guess they had a good run...
19.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
They SHOULD have moved production of the Fusion there........

Agreed. But I doubt that it would have been cost effective to move all the tooling from Mexico to Canada. Plus, the Mexican plant where the Fusion is made has won many quality awards, so quality isn't an issue. But I agree with you, it would be nice if Ford had moved more production back to the US/Canucks

Originally Posted By: Nick R

Agreed. But I doubt that it would have been cost effective to move all the tooling from Mexico to Canada. Plus, the Mexican plant where the Fusion is made has won many quality awards, so quality isn't an issue. But I agree with you, it would be nice if Ford had moved more production back to the US/Canucks

Exactly. IMHO, any Canadian/American plants are where Ford should have its loyalty. We have been the consumers of the products produced at these plants.

Exactly. IMHO, any Canadian/American plants are where Ford should have its loyalty. We have been the consumers of the products produced at these plants.

I think Mexico buys a lot of cars as well; maybe more than Canada. They deserve a piece of the production also. It only fair...
19.gif

Originally Posted By: Bluestream

I think Mexico buys a lot of cars as well; maybe more than Canada. They deserve a piece of the production also. It only fair...
19.gif

I'm sure Mexico does buy a fair number of cars. But are the cars that are built in Mexico, sold in Mexico? Do you see a lot of Ford Fusion's driving around down there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back