Phonepower VOIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the Ooma Telo . bought new for 99 bucks. They work quite well and voice quality is excellent. I too pay about $4.25 a month for taxes here in Indiana. I was considering dropping my home phone altogether since I use my cell phone the most until I bought the Ooma Telo . I did drop my ATnT service then .

I had Phonepower for several years and had good service from them but changed to AT&T Wireless Home Phone service (that uses the GSM cellular network instead of the Internet) after I got tired of losing the VOIP connection every time my intermittently flaky Earthlink/Verizon DSL connection would hiccup.

Andrew S.

Same here, we have had Ooma for just over 10 months now, Ooma has been rock solid reliable, sound quality, even international calls. We pay the same as above, under $5. a month for taxes.

Last edited:
I just switched from PhonePower to Ooma in the past month. Only problem I had with PP was difficulty in getting to service or billing. In fact when my one-year prepaid contract was coming up for renewal I had so much trouble getting a hold of anyone that that is when/why I looked around and decided to go with Ooma. Secondly, when I did cancel they went ahead and charged me for another month - all after my number had been ported to Ooma and they had confirmed my request for immediate cancellation (there are stories out there of other people who had trouble with continued billing after cancellation).

Edited to add that they did remove the charge after I contacted them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back