Phone Choices for Mom

In our family, the phones normally get pass down to family members. My mom is currently using a Galaxy 2 that was my sons first smart phone.
She is having some problems and looking at Newegg these are some interesting choices, most of them are under 100 and one above that price.

Any recommendation??

Attachments

• phones-IMG_6431.JPG
    phones-IMG_6431.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 41
Is Newegg really competitive on phone prices? I'm not suggesting they aren't, just never thought they would have any price edge.
What problems is she having, feature wise or it's broken?

We know nothing of her needs such as size range, features, battery life, etc. or what the most demanding thing is that she does with it as far as processor speed or especially main memory.

Since she probably doesn't want to upgrade very often, I would get a new phone rather than refurbished with part of its life gone, even if it just needs a new battery at that point.

When my mother needed a new phone, she determined the max size it could be and had very minimal needs so I got her a Galaxy A10e. Heh, her needs were so slight that the reason for the new phone was her ancient old one didn't even do 4G and 3G is being phased out. I recall explaining to her the virtues of USB-C and was met with a blank stare, lol.

The phone is mainly for voice, no texting or internet stuff. She only has 1 provider and the service is not very good at all in out town/ Mexico.

having a new phone with new tech will be great if the service made the options useful, but not in her case.

I would get something a tad newer, like an iPhone 6/6S, verify it works, then pay for the $50 official battery replacement. Best Buy seems to have unlocked 6S for ~150$.

Jim the Packer fan likes your sign in figure haggler . 🙂🏈 . I think Walmart is cheaper than Newegg , LazyDog .

Go down to att or Verizon by a prepaid phone for $75-100 you will have a phone with the newest lte bands for the best cell coverage. Not worth phone flea market sites

After having some conversations with my pillow, here is the solution to the phone problem:)

My son currently has an I phone 10 and is probably itching for a new one.
I am using a 6 with a newer battery and works fine.
I also have a 5 that I need to keep because FlirOne attachment.
The solution is for me to switch over the 5, my mom gets the 6, and later on when my son upgrades. I get to have the 10.

My mom's helper also benefits she gets my moms old phone.

Go down to att or Verizon by a prepaid phone for $75-100 you will have a phone with the newest lte bands for the best cell coverage. Not worth phone flea market sites
Yeah many of the MVNO's will give you a new phone if you port a line into them.

Who is her provider? Cricket uses ATT towers and they usually give a phone for free with most plans.

With an existing iPhone 6 you can go to any provider, so consider shopping for a new provider. Are you talking about using the phone while in Mexico or calling someone in Mexico from the US?

Back