Phillips 66 Guardol fleet EC 15w40 formerly fleet supreme ec.

It’s as good as the big three offerings.

So not worth the $68 I paid per 5 gallon?

I purchased 15 gallons for my 2004 Cummins ISX.Is this oil any good or should I have stuck with the big three?
So I've had it in my new engine for about 6 months. Usage is down, but go check out a thread I just started, I'm not sure how to go forward from here. I hate to have to strain the oil before putting it in the engine, but that maybe the only option to get this dirt out.

Does Gaurdol Fleet EC have titanium, because I see titanium mentioned in the marketing of other Phillips 66 & Kendall HDEOs but not for Fleet EC
Actually that's a great question. I can't answer that. I didn't ask when I started running it. I'm only using it during my new engine break in period then I'll switch to Phillips 66 synthetic blend after break in. That's stuff is so slippery I don't think my new engine would have ever broke in.

Oh and to the OP, you'll have a strange odor when the oil is new, don't be alarmed, it goes away. It's just the oil.

Actually that's a great question. I can't answer that. I didn't ask when I started running it. I'm only using it during my new engine break in period then I'll switch to Phillips 66 synthetic blend after break in. That's stuff is so slippery I don't think my new engine would have ever broke in.

Oh and to the OP, you'll have a strange odor when the oil is new, don't be alarmed, it goes away. It's just the oil.
So that UOA you posted in your thread about the dirt in the bucket, was that Gaurdol Fleet EC, if so then it doesn't appear to contain titanium

So that UOA you posted in your thread about the dirt in the bucket, was that Gaurdol Fleet EC, if so then it doesn't appear to contain titanium
Ya fleet EC, pretty sure I need to go check that thread cause I was sitting on a bucket of synthetic when I posted it and I think I posted incorrectly

Ya fleet EC, pretty sure I need to go check that thread cause I was sitting on a bucket of synthetic when I posted it and I think I posted incorrectly
I used to run this oil a few years ago when I could get it for $45 for 5 gallons on my Duramax and later my Powerstroke hotshot haulers.But then the prices started to go up and it was cheaper to buy Delo or Rotella from Walmart.Lately it’s been hard to find 5 gallon pails of any oil at Walmart so I figured I would pay a little more at the Conoco distributor and get the 5 gallon pails.Back when I used it I didn’t find any problems with it and met the new Ford Powerstroke spec which a lot of oils did not.As far as the smell I actually liked it but don’t know if it’s changed.I’m going to open the spout and shine a light down it and see if I see something at the bottom.

Last edited:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Phillips is one of the top 3.
I don't know how you'd really rank them, they always trade blows in the revenue department, and I can't find a whole lot of data on market share in the lubricant sector, but I think XOM, Shell, BP, and Chevron have Phillips66 beat, but when looking at revenue numbers and employees and such Phillips is probably more confusing given the separation of ConocoPhillips and Philips 66.

I don't know how you'd really rank them, they always trade blows in the revenue department, and I can't find a whole lot of data on market share in the lubricant sector, but I think XOM, Shell, BP, and Chevron have Phillips66 beat, but when looking at revenue numbers and employees and such Phillips is probably more confusing given the separation of ConocoPhillips and Philips 66.
I posted and email on here a while back if you search my posts, from phillips 66, in an independent lab test, Chevron was the only oil that outperformed Phillips and it was in only 2 tests. I hear not so good about rotella anymore, and I couldn't find any information on delvacs additive package when I was researching oil.

I posted and email on here a while back if you search my posts, from phillips 66, in an independent lab test, Chevron was the only oil that outperformed Phillips and it was in only 2 tests. I hear not so good about rotella anymore, and I couldn't find any information on delvacs additive package when I was researching oil.
run an oil that meets or exceeds your manufacturers recommendations, that's why they exist. This hearsay is silly and breeds gossip. Rotella is one of the best selling HDEO's on the market and no I am not a user of it.

Oil has advanced a lot, and yes additive packages have changed with the onset of emissions. That being said, in all my years of driving and motorsports I have yet to see an oil related failure. Yes I have seen failures due to not enough oil but that's not the oil's fault. I'm talking about straight up this engine failed because of the oil I used.

just my $0.02

I take anything that manufacturer's say with a grain of salt, a few years ago Shell tried smearing Delvac 1300 Super saying that at an independent laboratory a sample of Delvac 1300 Super failed the Volvo T13 oxidation test and doesn't meet CK-4 or Detroit Diesel's spec and they ended up getting their ass handed to them from Detroit when they said that only Detroit approves or invalidates their approvals and pretty much told shell to go F*** themselves. The fleet market is pretty competitive all the basic tier stuff is all pretty close in quality and the pricing is close so they'll say anything to try to sway someone into a contract.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Phillips is one of the top 3.
What I meant was the three that are generally found everywhere.Rotella,Chevron,and Mobil. I wouldn’t have known they sold oil to the public if I wouldn’t have walked into an oil distributor’s building here in San Antonio ha few years ago.

Back