PG63798 cut open after 40k in at cooler line

Put more valvoline maxlife in and a Motor craft Fl400s I had laying around
You’ll do better with that filter, the Baldwin B2-HPG is my go-to ATF filter, and Baldwin actually rates it for ATF & hydraulic oil (if that is important to you), as long as there’s room for a PH8A/FL1A sized filter.

That’s a Harley-Davidson oil filter. Is this the correct filter for the application? Sure, the chrome looks cool on a Harley.

You’ll do better with that filter, the Baldwin B2-HPG is my go-to ATF filter, and Baldwin actually rates it for ATF & hydraulic oil (if that is important to you), as long as there’s room for a PH8A/FL1A sized filter.
Thanks I’ll look into the Baldwin for future reference.

That’s a Harley-Davidson oil filter. Is this the correct filter for the application? Sure, the chrome looks cool on a Harley.
Yeah it’s sure is a Harley filter.
I can’t remember the flow rate for it but I do remember he compared it to the flow rate in a smaller in-line filter made for the at cooler line and it’s quite a bit less restrictive.

Yeah it’s sure is a Harley filter.
I can’t remember the flow rate for it but I do remember he compared it to the flow rate in a smaller in-line filter made for the at cooler line and it’s quite a bit less restrictive.
Know where he got the flow info from ... Harley? ATF is somewhat thinner than most motor oil anyway, so that helps keep the flow restriction down.

T
Know where he got the flow info from ... Harley? ATF is somewhat thinner than most motor oil anyway, so that helps keep the flow restriction down.
I honestly couldn’t tell ya where he got the flow info from.

Back