PF RGT vs Mobil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep calm... and motor on!
57.gif

Great video!!

One thing- he did not compare RGT to M1 GT. He compared to regular M1.

rgt m1 gt.jpg

rgt m1 regular.jpg

Originally Posted by krismoriah72
RGT in my stash.. on clearance with rebates. And won the tests. I will sleep well.

I'll 2nd that. Have over 60 quarts RGT
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
RGT in my stash.. on clearance with rebates. And won the tests. I will sleep well.

smile.gif

You've got me beat, I only have 30 quarts of RGT sitting on my shelf.

I really like this oil, my engine uses less on this oil.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude

smile.gif

RGT ðŸðŸðŸðŸ

This is one of those you read only the first and last post, skip the video - and move on ….

Project Farm!
grin.gif

I actually like the one-armed bandit test, where they measure the wear scar.

I estimated the base-oil viscosities for various oils, which can be found here:

Base-oil viscosity (full-shear viscosity) of oils

Mobil 1 5W-30, Mobil 1 HM 5W-30, and many other Mobil 1 flavors scored rock-bottom in base-oil viscosity.

Wear scars in boundary lubrication are affected by the base-oil viscosity. It doesn't surprise me most oils would do better than Mobil 1 in that aspect.

And I will say it again, could care less if I get flamed for it, RGT is buy far the best oil that I have used.....in the sense that you actually feel/hear that the oil is performing as advertised. Startup in morning -20-25 sounded like it had been started as if it was started already, no stress that you would normally hear and I usuallly hear in cold weather starts...such as belt whine etc. Best fuel mileage, and could not belive the quietness. Mind you I also use archoil 6oz. But I have for 3 years in every vehicle. And i have now ran three oci and if anything the performance of my Jeep has risen and drives day/night difference. I have switched oils many times always with archoil, so the variable is the same in that sense. And may have noticed a small difference here and there, but overall....this oil you literally know and feel that this product does what it says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back