Petro Canada Dino & Synthetic.. Any Thoughts??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: aaxb970
Anyone use PC oil? Any thoughts ??

I haven't used these personally but I've looked at the data sheet and it seems like a very good oil as far as dino goes.

Very high flash point and very low pour point with average kinematic viscosity across all grades.

It's a good oil, use it with confidence.

I have used their Duron group III synthetic 5w40 with great results in my VW diesel. My bro-in-law uses thir oil in his ATVs as they are wet clutch approved. Its good oil, at a fairly reasonable price.

Last edited:
PC Oils are very high quality. It's just that you can't find them retail at a reasonable price. You can get them at a bulk distributor reasonably.

Otherwise you're stuck to gas stations at double retail prices.

I have a Petro Can lubricant handbook here with me, what line of oil would you like to know about? Their supreme 5w-20, 5w-30 and 10w-30 are the bulk oil at honda, hyundai, kia and mazda dealerships in canada.
I know when my stash of UFA Polar Plus (XD3)0w-30 runs out I am gonna try out their DURON XL synthetic blend 0w-30. It looks to be a very good cold weather oil.

Originally Posted By: aaxb970
Thinking of 5 30 dino for my impala. I was looking at synthetic however @ the station which is only place I can find it 10.99 per litre!

If you're not a do it yourselfer, take your Impala to your GM dealer. Canadian GM dealers have a deal with Petro canada to supply all of their bulk 5w-30 across the country.

I had a great UOA on GM dealership 5w-30 in my 04 Chev Avalanche 5.3L v8.

http://www.online.petro-canada.ca/bulkplants/Bulk-ovr.asp?l=E

that should help you find a bulk dealer near you.

Both the Supreme and the Supreme Synthetic are very good oils from talking to some, they would chose Supreme (dino) over Esso Extra aka Mobil Super 1000 any day. Plus you would get a much better price from a bulk dealer than paying Canadian Tire sale price for a better oil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back