Petro Canada Dino & Synthetic.. Any Thoughts??

Originally Posted By: aaxb970
Anyone use PC oil? Any thoughts ??
I haven't used these personally but I've looked at the data sheet and it seems like a very good oil as far as dino goes. Very high flash point and very low pour point with average kinematic viscosity across all grades. It's a good oil, use it with confidence.

I have used their Duron group III synthetic 5w40 with great results in my VW diesel. My bro-in-law uses thir oil in his ATVs as they are wet clutch approved. Its good oil, at a fairly reasonable price.

Last edited:
PC Oils are very high quality. It's just that you can't find them retail at a reasonable price. You can get them at a bulk distributor reasonably. Otherwise you're stuck to gas stations at double retail prices.

I have a Petro Can lubricant handbook here with me, what line of oil would you like to know about? Their supreme 5w-20, 5w-30 and 10w-30 are the bulk oil at honda, hyundai, kia and mazda dealerships in canada. I know when my stash of UFA Polar Plus (XD3)0w-30 runs out I am gonna try out their DURON XL synthetic blend 0w-30. It looks to be a very good cold weather oil.

Originally Posted By: aaxb970
Thinking of 5 30 dino for my impala. I was looking at synthetic however @ the station which is only place I can find it 10.99 per litre!
If you're not a do it yourselfer, take your Impala to your GM dealer. Canadian GM dealers have a deal with Petro canada to supply all of their bulk 5w-30 across the country. I had a great UOA on GM dealership 5w-30 in my 04 Chev Avalanche 5.3L v8.