Pet sitters, anyone ever use one?

Anyone here ever use a pet-sitter service, where someone will come to your home while you're away and feed your pets?

I believe there's an app called Rover that will help you find what you're looking for. I haven't tried it...

A friend of mine did that for a few years in Pittsburgh. She was good at it and the only issue she ever had was collecting money from the customers. She had a line of regular customers that would use her exclusively.
It's not the easiest of jobs, but that depends on the dog or animal involved. She was "bonded" and insured, whatever that means.
She would also give medications including injection to cats with diabetes! That HAD to be tough!

OIP.1mfYAyy7iGjJ8KOEsrw8yAAAAA
This little dog a good pet sitter. :ROFLMAO:

Yes, and it was worth it. If you don't know of anyone, call your pet's vet and get referrals from them. You might even get one of the vet techs to watch them

A friend was a cat sitter for Rover before she and her partner moved to the East Coast. She enjoyed it. I’ve heard too many horror stories with Wag. I also know a few dog walkers personally.

I’ve pet sat for a few friends. Gets me away from the house for a few days since they let me stay over if they’re on vacation.

Bear in mind that, at least with cats, it is not enough for someone to simply feed them. The person taking care of them must tell them they are good cats...

Haha that was awesome!! Funny because Kiki loves people and attention. She also loves praise and complements. She's the most laid back easy going cat you'll ever meet😻. She's very low maintenance and basically can take care of herself.

We use the rover app. A lot of vet techs do this full time. They look after both cats once a day for 30 minutes, clean up everything and send photos. About 25 bucks a day.

We book the same lady over and over again she has great references.

Back