Personal Checks

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Need to get some online.
The bank takes far too long.
Anybody know a good online source?
I went to one place that said "free shipping"
The shipping ended up being $34 for 400 checks.
They had handling fees, insurance fees etc. A bunch of those kind of companies online.
Don't mind paying for good checks but most are scamming big time on the shipping. Thanks!

Back when I used checks, I got them printed up through WalMart.

The pricing was reasonable, shipping is free, and they showed up around a week (pre-COVID). I'm sure the current dismal state of the USPS would add some extra days to that now.

Last edited:
Back when I used checks, I got them printed up through WalMart.

The pricing was reasonable, shipping is free, and they showed up around a week (pre-COVID). I'm sure the current dismal state of the USPS would add some extra days to that now.

Thanks so much- that was too easy..................

Do you bank online and just need a book of checks for backup? If so you can order them online from the bank. They transfer you to a 3rd party check vendor. I just ordered a a single box from my bank (Wells Fargo). Other wise go directly to a vendor such as Checks Unlimited, Walmart etc.

Last edited:
$35 for 400 check is more than reasonable price in my book

our CU charges roughly $30 for 100pcs depending on the features you opt
My credit union provides checks for free, as in $0 for the checks, and $0 for shipping. Granted, they're fairly plain with the CU logo on them, and it takes 2-3 weeks to get them, but who really cares. Free.

I honestly think you're paying about $30 too much, and may need a different CU.

I only bank at organizations offering free checks. That said, in the unlikely event I ever have to order again it'll be from WM.

No sense paying Deluxe their Deluxe PRICE.

Checks in the Mail is what I use,

Deluxe
Checks Unlimited
many others...

Look on Retail Me Not Dot Com for discount codes.

You can pay $25-$50 clams for 200 plain checks from the bank,
I got 450 duplicate for just under $20, with cats on them..

Shop around, setup first time can be a pain,
and it may take two weeks or longer to get them,
but the second time is much faster...

Follow the instructions carefully...

Last edited:
I buy the basic security checks from walmart, I think they are like 10 or 15 bucks.

Wells fargo will charge me double or triple.

If you have Sams Club you can get them even cheaper.

I buy one box of checks because I write maybe 2-3 a year.

Count me in as another one who banks where I can get basic checks for free. Geezerhood has its advantages. :) Although there is an institution where my Mom lives that has a free, basic checking account, including free checks, to anyone who opens an account.

Back