People who insist on using motorcycle brand oil

As far as conventional goes the Honda GN4 is really some of the best you can get and I would have no issue running that in anything of mine.
I agree, Honda's GN4 is a good oil and I would also use it. Just out of curiosity, if given the choice between GN4 (a conventional oil) at $6 a qt, or Super Tech motorcycle oil (full syn) at $5 a qt, which would you choose?

I agree, Honda's GN4 is a good oil and I would also use it. Just out of curiosity, if given the choice between GN4 (a conventional oil) at $6 a qt, or Super Tech motorcycle oil (full syn) at $5 a qt, which would you choose?
Oh definitely a synthetic it's a no-brainer, if the synthetic turned out to be no good I'd dump it and go with the conventional though.

You know the ones, they insist on using motorcycle brand motor oils (HD, Honda, Yamaha, etc.) in their bikes because they're mentioned by name in the owner's manual. I tell them as long as the weight and spec are correct, brand doesn't matter. I've even had guys argue with me saying that if the manual calls for a brand, that oil must be used. I don't get it. Why pay double the price when it isn't necessary?

as long as they use Nu Finish the oil doesn't matter.

Oh yeah you were.
Sometimes I miss things, probably from inhaling all the Nu Finish fumes when I used to polish my cars.
I stopped doing that they are on their own now.
I thought maybe you finally got smart and started using a good wax...

Back