People too lazy to clear the frost off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
Why do you think they are lazy? You have no idea about them and are making snap judgments.

The proof is in the fact that they're driving around in vehicles covered in ice/frost.

Moving violation and probably four points. One can only hope there is law enforcement around to stop the idiots who are too lazy to clear windows of frost and or snow.

If my vehicle is ever ran into by some one peering through a half scraped windsheild, the first thing I would do is call the police and the next thing I would do is take a picture of their
windsheild and windows . I imagine that they would frantically be trying to scrape or defrost the ice away before the police arrived on scene. I would guess that the police do nab a few of them when they see them. I have also on a few occasions seen big chunks of ice get blown off of the top of semi trailers as well and managed to get lucky and not get hit, some of these ice chunks are big enough to cause a great deal of damage especially when flying off at 70mph on I80.

Why do you think they are lazy? You have no idea about them and are making snap judgments.

It's the very definition of lazy.

Too lazy to have it cleared off.

Too lazy to have/get an ice scrapper.

How else would you define it?

The state police around here pull people over all the time for not clearing snow off their car. I did see one where it was all covered on the roof and the rear window, just a bit of the front was cleared off.

Very unfortunate and so easily prevented. What possible viable explanation or justification could the woman have possibly have?? Your Honor it is my defroster's fault.. or "I was waiting for the ice fairy to clean my windshield for me." There is just no one to blame but herself. I wonder if she faced manslaughter charges?? I respect those guys who pick up the garbage, traffic often gives them no respect and they zoom around their trucks at high rates of speed. They are out every day except Thanksgiving and Christmas rain or shine sub zero or +100 temps. They get paid fairly well but it is high risk for sure. Sad story there.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359

The state police around here pull people over all the time for not clearing snow off their car. I did see one where it was all covered on the roof and the rear window, just a bit of the front was cleared off.

Imagine a handicapped person who cannot use an ice scraper. Or an elderly who cannot stay outside long enough to scrape the windshield. Etc., etc.

Life is way more complicated than quick and intellectually lazy assumptions.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359

Imagine a handicapped person who cannot use an ice scraper. Or an elderly who cannot stay outside long enough to scrape the windshield. Etc., etc.

Life is way more complicated than quick and intellectually lazy assumptions.

Well they shouldn't be driving or should get help before proceeding. Too lazy to do it. Flying snow and ice have caused accidents. Do you think they get a free pass if that were the case?

It still does not absolve them of the responsibility of not endangering others on the road. It just takes them longer to accomplish their duties. In Michigan it is a legal obligation.

I never spoke of "free pass". I objected lazy assumptions and calling people lazy without knowing much about them.

I never spoke of "free pass". I objected lazy assumptions and calling people lazy without knowing much about them.

You don't need to know anything about them when they don't honor their legal obligations. It's a perfectly legitimate assumption to make in this particular case. Just like it'd be legit to call anyone who robs a store a thief, regardless of their circumstances.

I was in an accident in my 1 year old car about 10 years ago because of someone who was too lazy to clear their windshield. I was sitting in the left turn lane waiting for the light when a girl to my left also making a left turn but turning my direction went wide and ran head on into my stationary car sitting waiting for the light. As it turns out she was a teen driver that just couldn't stand to be cold long enough to clear her windshield properly. She scraped a tiny hole to look through and called it good. Her Dad showed up when we were filling out the reports for the police and wanted to pay out of pocket so his daughters insurance rates wouldn't go up. He said something to the effect of that can't be more than about $800. I went home and immediately filed with their insurance which ended up being over $3000 to cover the repairs. My opinion is if someone is that careless about others on the road their insurance NEEDS to go up.

OK, if too lazy isn't the right description, how about too selfish?

That should cover the old, infirmed, handicapped as well as the able-bodied who decide to drive even though their windows, lights and mirrors are not clear.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
OK, if too lazy isn't the right description, how about too selfish?

That should cover the old, infirmed, handicapped as well as the able-bodied who decide to drive even though their windows, lights and mirrors are not clear.

Exactly. You cover all the lame excuses. I do think selfish works to describe them as well. In fact I think they are Lazy, selfish Morons. That works for me. Anyone who drives around with out clearing ice snow and frost away for their own safety and visibility is a dullard and not the brightest bulb in the socket. "Lazy selfish morons.

Originally Posted By: BJD78
If my vehicle is ever ran into by some one peering through a half scraped windsheild, the first thing I would do is call the police and the next thing I would do is take a picture of their
windsheild and windows . I imagine that they would frantically be trying to scrape or defrost the ice away before the police arrived on scene. I would guess that the police do nab a few of them when they see them. I have also on a few occasions seen big chunks of ice get blown off of the top of semi trailers as well and managed to get lucky and not get hit, some of these ice chunks are big enough to cause a great deal of damage especially when flying off at 70mph on I80.

Actually I would take pictures first for the very reason that the other driver will likely be frantically scraping their windows. Unless I had a dash-cam that showed clearly what their windows looked like at the time of the incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back