People too lazy to clear the frost off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it is winter and with winter comes snow, ice and frost. Lately almost every day I see vehicles driving around with frost covering their entire windshield except for a little scraped out patch the size of a toaster. Then there are others are not quite as stupid or lazy and they scrape only the drivers half of the front windshield. Of course they do not clear the side or rear windows either/. I grew up in Fargo as a youngster and do not recall seeing that. I would guess that there have been many accidents caused by these morons who are too lazy to clear their vehicles of snow and ice. I would think that maybe a few of them get stopped and ticketed by police, but probably most somehow get lucky and get away with it. I would think that it is the law to remove all the frost, ice and snow that has accumulated on your vehicle before driving. This includes the roof, trunk area, hood and all lights. It is not that hard or time consuming to scrape away the frost and for light frost the washer fluid will melt it away and most rear windows have heating grids that melt frost away in a minute or 2. Why do they do this? Either too lazy or just plain do not care and they figure they are special and nothing bad will ever happen or maybe they are just morons. Whatever they are it is a very unsafe practice Anyway, I have noticed this going on a lot more this winter here in Lincoln and Omaha area.. Grrrr.... my early morning vent... time to brew some coffee

Ice scrapers have come a long way. It's amazing what you can get for $2. There is no excuse.

81fKQPhMxcL._SY355_.jpg

I have the ones with the metal blade,they do not cost much more and last for years. The el cheapo plastic ones wear out after 1 winter or they break. Most of the time I never use a scraper for frost,the blue wiper fluid works pretty well, for heavy ice I keep a few cans of prestone ice remover around. I think I have used the ice scraper maybe once this winter, most of the time the washer fluid and defrost can handle it. It does help to switch to winter wiper blades also which work better in sub zero temps

What bothers me is that so many people in my area have garages full of [censored] and they park those vehicles outside and then are also too lazy to properly clean them off. If they weren't so lazy they would clean out their garage and park their cars in there and then they wouldn't even need to clean off their car after a snowfall.

I'm too lazy to clean mine off, that's why I let my car warm up for 10-15 minutes, so I don't have to scrape the windows...

Originally Posted By: eyeofthetiger
Ice scrapers have come a long way. It's amazing what you can get for $2. There is no excuse.

81fKQPhMxcL._SY355_.jpg

I was a fleet manager for a very large fleet - 1,000s of vehicles. Our US group (10,000+ vehicles) were going through hoops to understand how to automate clearing windshields, heated nozzles, etc.
I sent a similar picture of a $2 scraper as the solution used in Canada. Let's say the reception of the idea was lukewarm.

I love it. A bunch of guys managing fleets of vehicles seeking a Nobel Prize winning idea for clearing a windshield!

More self-important clowns. Sorry to be so serious...but it's true.

It also shows how much they care (or dont) about driving and safety. Its one thing being too lazy to clear it off, but if you don't you can't see. Maybe they used their front wipers. OK so you can see whats in front of you and nothing else. I see people that don't even bother turning on rear defrosters, or using their rear wipers on SUVs.

On this past Sunday on the way home from services in the morning, I came up behind a Chrysler minivan going 30mph in a 45mph zone. It was totally driving in the "middle" of the road. The road was reasonably clear; in a rural area. Probably 80% of the asphalt could be seen and the centerline paint stripe was clearly visible.

As some oncoming traffic approached, the van moved to our side, and after the cars passed us he got back to the center of the road. (argh ......)
As more cars came, he's barely clear the line and let them pass; then back to the center he went.

Eventually I honked and attempted a pass (with others behind me as well; all behind held up by this moron).

As I got beside the van, I could see nothing of the driver. As I got in front of the van, I could see that the windshield was still iced over, the wipers frozen in mid-stroke, and a small clear spot no larger than a softball, low on the windshield where the defroster was presumably struggling to do it's work. IOW - the entire vehicle was nothing but a sheet of ice and snow on all exterior windows, except for that one little spot.

If he (or she, because I have no idea who was behind the wheel), wants to die at the hand of their own stupidity, who am I to get in their way? But when they extend their moronic behavior outside their home, endangering my family and others, I take it personally. Because it is personal when someone you love dies at the hands of another thoughtless, careless, lazy, self-centered derivative of a donkey.

Some people just should not reproduce. But they do, and it makes life miserable for the rest of us.

I noticed this 35 years ago when I lived in Virginia.

People scrape an area about the size of a shoe box and drive very unsafe with limited visibility.
frown.gif

A friend of mine lost a leg, has had 37 surgeries, had a heart attack and almost lost his life leaving 2 young boys and a wife, and had his life basically ruined because of a young female that was too lazy to clear of her windshield.

He was a garbage collector, and he was behind the garbage truck when she hit him and crushed him into the truck.

He is alive, and "seems" to be doing well given whats happened to him. Though his marriage did end up failing.

He actually has given speeches at schools to teens getting ready to get their drivers license.

Originally Posted By: BJD78
I know it is winter and with winter comes snow, ice and frost. Lately almost every day I see vehicles driving around with frost covering their entire windshield except for a little scraped out patch the size of a toaster. Then there are others are not quite as stupid or lazy and they scrape only the drivers half of the front windshield. Of course they do not clear the side or rear windows either/. I grew up in Fargo as a youngster and do not recall seeing that. I would guess that there have been many accidents caused by these morons who are too lazy to clear their vehicles of snow and ice. I would think that maybe a few of them get stopped and ticketed by police, but probably most somehow get lucky and get away with it. I would think that it is the law to remove all the frost, ice and snow that has accumulated on your vehicle before driving. This includes the roof, trunk area, hood and all lights. It is not that hard or time consuming to scrape away the frost and for light frost the washer fluid will melt it away and most rear windows have heating grids that melt frost away in a minute or 2. Why do they do this? Either too lazy or just plain do not care and they figure they are special and nothing bad will ever happen or maybe they are just morons. Whatever they are it is a very unsafe practice Anyway, I have noticed this going on a lot more this winter here in Lincoln and Omaha area.. Grrrr.... my early morning vent... time to brew some coffee

Why do you think they are lazy? You have no idea about them and are making snap judgments.

OK,now that that is settled, you have nice day. BTW that post was my opinion, nothing more!! I stand my opinion that they are either lazy or just morons. If you think I am making a snap judgment fine, good for you. I don't care... nothing more than your opinion.

I've had people question why I make an effort to clear snow/ice off the windshield, wipers, rear window, side windows, mirrors, AND all the lights. I like to see and be seen. Aside from clearing stuff off the car, I wish folks would turn lights on when its blowing snow. Especially the white ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back