people don't want my free stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tearing down a shed calls for some cultch removal.

Wife and I freecycled a baby stroller; someone hoping to adopt came and looked at it and took it. Was structurally sound but dirty. They politely email and say they don't want it so if we got any other leads forward 'em. (why not freecycle it yourself???)

But here's the kicker:

Boss gave me an old fridge a while ago when I rented; bought my house, had two, stored his fridge in the shed, doors off. Told him if he or his buddies wanted it they can come get it. Time passes. Someone across town's fridge dies and they're too pathetic to come look at it or borrow a truck.

Wife & I load it into my truck, I drive across town at $4/gallon, find my way around the trailer park, pull in. Man of the house comes out, I show it off in the bed of my truck, say it blows cold but you're gonna want bleach and a rag to wipe it down. "Hey blowing cold is better than what I've got now" he says, "this trailer goes through fridges, I don't get it." So we unload it.

Get home to an email full of profanity, they have 5 kids and now have to pay to get rid of two fridges. They've been fridge-less most of a week now and just waiting for a free one to come along??? They could have always refused it while it was still on the truck.

And these guys had money, they drive a new Kia Sorento van while I'm sneaking across town with an expired inspection sticker in my 13 year old truck with my gas for their dang fridge.

Come on people, let's put a little elbow grease into stuff! Unbelievable.

It's been my experience that if you gave people free $20 bills they would complain that they were folded.

I see it all the time. We call the process "coming around for goods and services". Occasionally your goodwill finds someone with a sense of community and they may pass it on.

Goodwill is a very low yield breeder reactor. Unfortunately, you have it ..so you're trapped.

Pity those people for the misery that's going to be part of their lives (probably) forever. You offered relief ...not a cure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back