People born in the wrong decade

Free fire zones and able to actually wage warfare. As far as no victory, that wasn’t due to the troops, that was the politicians. But yes, it was a wasted war in that a lot of good men and women died. But it also did stop Communism/domino theory.
I never have blamed our brave people. Never Will. They are/were, dear friends and fellow employees. Yes I am getting up there in age.

Yes again our people in the military are what I consider BRAVE. Braver that I will ever Be. That is an honor I deeply hold.

Free fire zones and able to actually wage warfare. As far as no victory, that wasn’t due to the troops, that was the politicians. But yes, it was a wasted war in that a lot of good men and women died. But it also did stop Communism/domino theory.

Wait. It did?

I did the same. 18 in 1969. Took my chances. 6 years in the USN. Student deferment ? Flee to Canada? Times change, change with them or become extinct. I can fly to Hanoi for a 15 course meal. Any different than traveling to Pennsylvania and marveling over the Civil War battlefields while sipping wine? Life is like your high school history teacher. Initially ignored, ultimately revered.

If you don’t think it did, I would *highly* suggest reading up on global history and the fall of the Soviet Union.

Last I read the Soviet Union didn’t have a lock on communism. Current events show otherwise.

Yes there was a good reason for us to be there. Then the politicians made it FUBAR. ( another acronym from the past)

Yes i believe I was born in the wrong decade, I wanna be back where 20w50 and straight weights were considered the normal!

been workin on cars since I was 4 with my dad, he had me quite late, I was born when 5w20 was introduced in hondas and fords, maybe 2 years later.

I still use thick motor oils!

Last I read the Soviet Union didn’t have a lock on communism. Current events show otherwise.

Yes there was a good reason for us to be there. Then the politicians made it FUBAR. ( another acronym from the past)
Lock on it? No. No one said they did. Reread what was said though.

Back