People are stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Behavior in the shallow end of the gene pool...

I don't know how many times mom said to me when I was growing up: "So if your friends want to set themselves on fire, does that mean you'll want to?" Apparently that bit of common sense hasn't survived the age of "Hey Y'all, watch this!"

Last edited:
I just you tube'd some of the fire challenge videos. OMG, these people are idiots!!!! These people belong on the Darwin Awards.

Originally Posted By: mcrn
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
As long as my tax dollars don't have to be spent on their rehab, I am all for it. We need the herds thinned out some.

LOL....yep unfortunately I would bet that some of these morons are receiving some form of our money.

Well they probably have health insurance and the premiums come from everyone else. Premiums would be slightly lower if they weren't in the hospital.

Unfortunately that kind of behavior, in some instances could work in favor of the spreading of the genes; since some of the chicks would see more potential in a man that can set himself on fire vs one that can't.

This is just another way to prove to the opposite sex that your genes are better, think of bull riding, motocross, any type of martial arts, weight lifting, tattoos, football, getting an expensive car, dancing, etc.

With 2.5 million hits, maybe this is a successful reproductive strategy. As long as the naughty bits didn't suffer any fire damage. People are stupid but genes are quite clever.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sayjac
Ron has it right.

61FGXJ8V75L._SX425_.jpg

I don't know, some would say that lighting stupid on fire is an actual fix.

Originally Posted By: Schmoe
Dear Lord:
Please help me raise my daughter to be smarter than that.
Amen.

+1

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
As long as my tax dollars don't have to be spent on their rehab, I am all for it. We need the herds thinned out some.

Children seek acceptance and validation. 2.3m views is hard to stand against, but it can be done. Unfortunately, not all kids can be reached, or reached in time.

Do the best you can and hope enough sticks to make them happy and healthy...and stay off the Post Office wall.

Originally Posted By: itguy08
Hokiefyd said:
The sooner people realize there are winners, loosers, and those that are just average the better off society will be. Not everyone is built to rise to the top. I realized long ago I'm not and am content doing the best I can.

Yes, there are "loosers," loser.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
But its soooo cool when that video gets 2.3 million veiws.

Silly movies such as Jack @** encouraging kids to film dumb behavior.

views

There was a guy who jumped off a roof trying to land in a pool, he fell off the roof and shattered both legs / ankles.

He wasn't laughing when he was in a wheelchair for many months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back