People are SO stupid and inconsiderate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parking 40 miles out is a sign to some people that makes them want to mess with you. Of course there was no reason to park on top of you. They knew that which is why they did it.

You brought this on yourself to some extent. Might as well put a huge neon sign saying, "Don't Mess With My Truck". All that does is convince the creeps of the world to jerk your chain. Look what that action attracts; not the nice, polite people, right?

I would have left a note on his brand new almost-$50,000 SUV stating that their actions invite violent confrontations and vehicle damage. Next person they park that close to may not be so considerate of someone else's property. Remind them how expensive their parking decisions can be. A little passive-aggressive but it will get your point across without getting in their face.

And next time, don't park waaaayyyyy the heck out there. Think more strategically.

Originally Posted By: bretfraz
Parking 40 miles out is a sign to some people that makes them want to mess with you. Of course there was no reason to park on top of you. They knew that which is why they did it.

You brought this on yourself to some extent. Might as well put a huge neon sign saying, "Don't Mess With My Truck". All that does is convince the creeps of the world to jerk your chain. Look what that action attracts; not the nice, polite people, right?

I would have left a note on his brand new almost-$50,000 SUV stating that their actions invite violent confrontations and vehicle damage. Next person they park that close to may not be so considerate of someone else's property. Remind them how expensive their parking decisions can be. A little passive-aggressive but it will get your point across without getting in their face.

And next time, don't park waaaayyyyy the heck out there. Think more strategically.

I agree with this, except for the part about it being partially the OP's fault for parking far away to begin with.

I would have "accidentally" damaged that new $50k SUV. No note. Only justice.

This thread reminds me of this: I park like an idiot

I originally bought a 20 pack but quickly ran out within a week!
crackmeup2.gif

I think it sends a better message to the moron driver then keying his car, or anything else. (he'll just come out and think someone was jealous of his car and not even notice the idiotic park job)

Originally Posted By: Artem

crackmeup2.gif

I think it sends a better message to the moron driver then keying his car, or anything else. (he'll just come out and think someone was jealous of his car and not even notice the idiotic park job)

Iparklikeanidio.jpg

Originally Posted By: Spazdog
Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
People are the dumbest species on the face of this planet--I kid you not! So we go to a restaurant in my less than 7 month old FX4 and park waaaaaaaaaaaaaay the [censored] away from everyone all the way down at the end of the row. This stupid IDIOT parks a 2011 Tahoe WITH the paper plates still on it right next to me over the line. I have about 12" to get into my side of the truck. Would not be so bad EXCEPT there are 21...yes, count them 21! empty spaces on that row and another 20 odd on the opposite row. It was ALL that I could do to restrain myself--I mean he may as well had a sign on it that read "KEY ME PLEASE ALL THE WAY DOWN THE SIDE TO THE BARE METAL". What an IDIOT!! 20 years ago I would have obliged him with more than a key job....

That Tahoe was at Great Wolf Lodge last week. Left about 6 inches for the Corolla next to him (or her). Dark color, paper tag.

Plus, It's a family resort. How did his (or her) family get out of the passenger side? I know the Corolla driver didn't park that way. They were centered in their lane and wouldn't have been able to get out anyway.

I wanted to write on the window with a Dry-Erase marker, "I PARK LIKE POOP!" My 7-year old was down with that. He thought it was hilarious. My wife talked us out of it.

I'm lovin your idea! hey - it's not destructive - actually creative!!!

crackmeup2.gif

LOvin' that idea....

Originally Posted By: daves87rs

crackmeup2.gif

LOvin' that idea....

Exactly. The stickers are easy to remove and get the point across plain and simple. I say you buy some. You'll be amazed at how useful they are on a daily basis and how fun it is.

(i sat in my car and watched the owner as they walked up to their car all
confused.gif
while looking at the way they parked)

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: finalyzd
So you gave him a key job? Lol. Ouch maybe a mean note on the windhshield woulda been better

Nah, cause then he wouldn't learn nothin'

Originally Posted By: DrDusty86
I caught a guy leaning against my car drinking a beer at my apartment complex. I yelled as it was about 50 or 60 yards away.....#$#$# $^%^ ^$%^^^ the %^%^ do you think you are doing? He didn't acknowledge me, so I went and go some frozen paintballs from my freezer and a full Co2 tank I had. I LET him have it.... he fell to his knees, then to his face and crawled away....... Turns out he didn't even speak or understand English....uuuuhhh thats not my problem... I HATE living here, this [censored] goes on daily. FYI the city sucks. I'm born and raised country and will be going back when I'm done with school.

No matter what paintball someone just because they lean on your car is wrong, regardless of whether they speak or understand English or not. Lucky you didn't get arrested for battery.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
I caught a guy leaning against my car drinking a beer at my apartment complex. I yelled as it was about 50 or 60 yards away.....#$#$# $^%^ ^$%^^^ the %^%^ do you think you are doing? He didn't acknowledge me, so I went and go some frozen paintballs from my freezer and a full Co2 tank I had. I LET him have it.... he fell to his knees, then to his face and crawled away....... Turns out he didn't even speak or understand English....uuuuhhh thats not my problem... I HATE living here, this [censored] goes on daily. FYI the city sucks. I'm born and raised country and will be going back when I'm done with school.

No matter what paintball someone just because they lean on your car is wrong, regardless of whether they speak or understand English or not. Lucky you didn't get arrested for battery.

Agreed. A little on the sissy side, if you ask me.

If the guy didn't acknowledge you after you cursed and yelled at him, and you were man enough, you would go out and ask the guy to get off your car, instead of shooting at him from your balcony porch.
33.gif
31.gif

07.gif

2010 FX4,

You should have found 2 small pebbles on the ground (place them inside the cap) and used them to flatten the 2 tires on the side of his Tahoe next to your vehicle.

Hummm... It almost would have been worth waiting to ask the person what were they thinking & show them how you were suppose to get inside your door...

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Inconsiderate? Yes. Stupid? No.

He's playing with you and you took the bait.

I agree. I actually know people who will see someone park a nice vehicle away from other cars like that and go park next to them purposely to tick them off.

I once showed up to a Walmart parking lot that was not very packed at all. In this Walmart, and in most I've seen, they have a whole section of parking closest to the store, then another, separated by the main inlet road. The second, further-away lot is usually empty, except for some RV's occasionally and a few who don't want to park near any one (maybe employees.)

Anyway, at the very end of the first, closest lot there was a nice, sniny C5 Corvette. It was no big deal that he parked at the end of the lot, but the fact that he parked cati-cornered to take up four spots seemed ridiculous. IMO, he was asking to be screwed with. I wouldn't have been surprised if, as I was leaving, some one was parked cati-cornered right next to him! haha. I've parked my freshly waxed car there many times and haven't had any issues. I park as close as I can, and the only time I'll park further away is if I see a pull-through spot, since backing out of a spot in the Walmart parking lot is some times scary!

One thing I try to remember is that some one who LOOKS like they parked terribly may have simply parked next some one who parked terribly. Just because a vehicle is by itself and parked terribly doesn't mean that they did it intentionally. I've seen people park terribly, but when I come back after shopping all I see is the person who parked next to them parked terribly. Would it be right for you to leave a note on that second person's car, assuming there aren't other spots readily available?

To the guy who paintballed the guy...wow, really?
33.gif

Originally Posted By: wallyuwl

I would have "accidentally" damaged that new $50k SUV. No note. Only justice.

Nope. I totally disagree. That person damaged nothing. He did a totally legal act. Taking the law into your own hands is wrong, whether you get caught or not, and if you do, you will get a well deserved fine and a police record.

TTYTT, I think they both acted like teenagers. One set the bait, and the other took it ran. I don't in any way condone the driver that parked too close. Bottom line, no damage was done, so move on, fogedaboudit, and quit looking for ways to get mad at immature jerks. The world has plenty of them!

I agree! The guy may have pulled out a .357 and blown his butt away. Not a wise idea to try to take the law into your own hands with a paintball gun. Try that in the Bronx and it'll get you a free ticket to the morgue.

Even if he didn't have a real gun, shooting him with a paint gun is unnecessary cruelty, and is is over reacting. A gentleman would have politely and calmly asked the person to please not lean on his car. Then, if he didn't, I would have called the police and let them possibly take him away for PI [public intoxication] and possibly other things. 2 wrongs don't make a right. You COULD get that paintball gun stuffed up your butt if you're not careful.

Originally Posted By: tpitcher

Hummm... It almost would have been worth waiting to ask the person what were they thinking & show them how you were suppose to get inside your door...

I don't agree. That is inviting confrontation and possible trouble. Best to let it go, go about your day, and forget it. Don't try to see if things will escalate. It's no one's business what this person was thinking. For all you know, there was a full parking lot when he parked there. Assume nothing.

Yeah, I think I'm calling internet [censored] on this one. If not, it has to be one of the dumbest things I've read on here. BTW, how many other cars got splattered with paint from the incident (if true) -maybe including yours??

Agreed. A little on the sissy side, if you ask me.

If the guy didn't acknowledge you after you cursed and yelled at him, and you were man enough, you would go out and ask the guy to get off your car, instead of shooting at him from your balcony porch.
33.gif
31.gif

07.gif

LOL !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back