People accelerating slowly from stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't report posts often and have not done so in this case. That doesn't mean that Ollie wouldn't be in his right to do so...

I was responding to PimTac's comment, btw, post # 229.

You and he can report all you want, it's a free country. If the site owners or mods do not wish me to be here, no problem, I'll leave without any issues and never come back.

Just remember that being afraid of dissenting opinion is very weak and living in an echo chamber is not a discussion.

You accused me of being disrespectful but haven't quoted me on anything.

You should also wonder if someone might be baiting when they post things like this:

I drive the same in bad weather, traffic, poor visibility, etc. as I would for dry and clear. I do not need to adjust my driving to conditions. It's already adjusted for any condition.

Then they "clarify" and "explain" that that's not actually what they meant, and it's you who is "name-calling" them for saying they're crazy for posting that.

You can't make this stuff up.

Driving your Corolla like you drive a tractor trailer is ridiculous. Your dedication to safety is commendable, but bordering on plain nonsense.

For example, 6-9 seconds is meaningless without factoring in required stopping distance. 6-9 seconds is different for a loaded tanker, an unloaded tanker, and a corvette with 180 treadwear tires and carbon brakes. Furthermore, speed changes the equation completely. So "ALWAYS" leaving "6-9" second is wrong because even more could be required. But leaving nearly 10 seconds (or almost ten car lengths) in a 40 zone when you're driving an up to par performance car will just piss people off and invite them to cut you off. So you're not being as safe as you think you are.

Well, we will have to respectfully agree to disagree with your assumptions. You might have to re-evaluate your math. 10 car lengths at 40mph is an approximate 2.5 second following distance given an almost 59ft per second traveling speed.

Ollie,
Right, and I'm giving Ollie the benefit of the doubt when he's bragging about how safe he is. He may be the safest guy on the road for that, I wish I could drive around and behind guys like him all the time. I'd rather give him the benefit of the doubt than assume he's one of the jerks who drive SO "carefully" that he makes things dangerous for the rest of us.

And that's just it. I very rarely get another driver upset at me. Does it happen? Heck yes!! I make mistakes and do bonehead moves on occasion like anyone else who drives. Please do not take it as bragging. I'm a human like the rest of us and have faults and imperfections like anyone else. I'm simply pointing out some of the everyday habits that keep me, my family/friends, and motoring public safe. I am most certainly not holding anyone up.

You're proposing mods are deleting them? If so, which posts and why haven't they notified me? I don't see any reason for anything I've written to be deleted.

It's probably for the fact no one has reported you.

What disrespect? Show me something "disrespectful" I've written.

"You are insane", "You must also be one of the clowns", "Just ignore them by slowing down further like a passive aggressive beta".

There is more but this is enough.

You should also wonder if someone might be baiting when they post things like this:

"I drive the same in bad weather, traffic, poor visibility, etc. as I would for dry and clear. I do not need to adjust my driving to conditions. It's already adjusted for any condition"

Then they "clarify" and "explain" that that's not actually what they meant, and it's you who is "name-calling" them for saying they're crazy for posting that.

You can't make this stuff up.

I am not making anything up. I'm simply doing my due diligence by making an honest effort to dispel any misunderstanding.

Oh but you had no problem when @Nickmaio called me a moron/knob and then stealth edited his post (#59) like the coward he is.

No, instead you quoted it and agreed with him. You weren't worried about "name-calling" then.

Unfortunately there are a predominance of drivers who feel entitled to make a statement with the accelerator and horn.

Honking a horn for any other reason than to prevent a collision is considered an act of road rage.
There is more but this is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back