Penzoil Ultra

Looking on Amazon for a 5 quart price for PUP 0w-20.......$66. They have the PUP 5w-20 for $24

Why the huge price difference? Can I run the 5w in my 2013 Tacoma 4cyl?

Thanks

I must be missing something here. Every time I went to Amazon.com there prices were way out of line. Must be the products I've been searching?

I'd run the 5W20 and call it a day. Trying to get AMZN to look into a screw up can take a while. Lately I've found a few screw ups from them, some worked to my benefit.

Or go with Magnatec 0w20
Base price $19.96, if you hit that subscribe and save you’ll get it for $17, you can cancel any time. Stellar oil, good UOA all over bitog

Attachments

• EC41C41F-FB9B-4F3F-9A02-DF934BA50C33.png
    EC41C41F-FB9B-4F3F-9A02-DF934BA50C33.png
    393 KB · Views: 32
Looking on Amazon for a 5 quart price for PUP 0w-20.......$66. They have the PUP 5w-20 for $24

Thanks
So with amazon actually it can be the sellers putting a higher price and not amazon themselves. Check the other sellers and see their prices, if not cheaper then maybe walmart.com can have it too for 25.

Walmart.com had PUP 0W-20 for $66 too last I checked. Same thing as Amazon though: 5W-20 was $25. Seems like this could be a trend maybe?

As far as running 5W-20 goes, shouldn’t be a problem if you’re looking at 0W-20. 0W-20 just has little better cold flow rating and start up protection because of that. Viscosity and protection at operating temperature would be about identical between the two.

Last edited:

Thanks

Any body know anything about EZ Shop?
I would be tempted to buy 5W-20 from them for $20.70 Shipped. The 0W-20 is over double, my guess it's currently in short supply. Supply and demand.

I would stick to the 0W whenever the temp was over 40 below zero and you were outside without a block heater.

You guys that live near the Canadian border, might be worthwhile to go to a Canadian Tire store whenever PUP is on sale. We have no trouble acquiring it anytime. If it's on sale it would cost around $24 U.S for a 5 litre jug, that also includes Euro flavors. I believe you could buy a few jugs without getting nailed for the duty charges. Not a bad deal at all especially if you're a PUP lover. Cheers...

Reactions: JC1

Thanks

Up until 2006 the Toyota 2TR-FE engine used 5w-30 engine oil. If it were mine I'd be running 5w30.

My understanding is online retailers use auto pricing software that takes availability into consideration when pricing. 0W-20 is apparently in short supply.

Back