Penzoil UltaEuro 5W40 2006 VW GTI 2.0T 60k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I'm coming up on another OCI I figured I'd post this. Engine has APR K04 turbo, High Pressure Fuel Pump, Audi S3 injectors, vent to atmosphere PVC system, plus more. I was running a Driver Motorsports 25psi tune on this UOA and did lots of heavy hard wide open interstate pulls while logging data. Lots of abuse on this oil. I've since switched back to a less aggressive APR 20psi tune to correct some "rich at idle" fuel trim issues.

I found someone else having the same ferrous metal bits in their filter and it went away with no explanations. I changed just the filter at 1k after this and it was almost gone. I'm not too concerned with it right now and will follow up on it with the next change.
As hard as this engine is on oil and the fuel dilution issue I'm having I assumed the 3k interval is recommended as mentioned in the report and since I can no longer do my "Subscribe and Save" on the Penzoil Ultra Euro I need to pick another oil. Since I'm doing 3k changes I was thinking of just trying the Mobil 1 0w40. Not sure if a more expensive oil like Redline would be worth it if I'm sticking to 3k intervals.

Thanks in advanced for comments and concerns
smile.gif

aa4d757f94895808f1f1d2bebdc6a3c5_zps887ce242.jpg
5b276d6d87204b5fa6dc1dd5c8ed3b78_zps9cd04714.jpg

So you're modded and are running canned tunes? Have to been monitoring AFR atleast?

Originally Posted By: Shark
So you're modded and are running canned tunes? Have to been monitoring AFR atleast?

The APR tune can be "considered" an off the shelf tune but it's designed for the specific hardware that installed and options selected such as their runner flap delete and larger downpipe. It's not designed for a stock car with stock hardware. The DM 25 psi tune uses a larger MAP sensor that's calibrated to it being difference than the stock unit and is a custom tune but is still designed for the hardware that's installed.
In the VW/Audi tuning world we log multiple parameters with Vag-Com software such as A/F, ignition advance vs retard, requested vs actual pressure, etc to see how things are going. Stock O2 sensor is a wideband unit too. It's actually hard to blow up a 2.0T, the ECU and multiple closed loop system are good at protecting itself. I've yet to see anyone on the forums do it but that doesn't mean it can't or couldn't happen.
Majority of people run a boost gauge to make sure there's no leaks and that boost level isn't being requested at a lower level than normal for their tune or "stage". I've seen some guys, especially the big turbo builds, running exhaust temp gauges to make sure they're not melting their exhaust valves. I've considerd installing one but I don't track or currently abuse the car on a daily basis : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back