Pentosin Pentospeed 0w-30 VS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to ask you who are using the 5w-40 Pentosin if you have seen the 0w-30 listed where you purchased our oil .

I'm looking for a new oil for my Wifey's car for a couple of reasons and if this stuff is in the USA it sure might be the one I use .

Pentospeed 0w-30 VS

I haven't seen the Pentosynth 0W-30 in the US, only 5W-40, but I know an online place that carries Lubro Moly Voll-Synthese 0W-40. If you want to know, shoot me a PM, because I'm not allowed to post a link.
rolleyes.gif

I only need about 1.2 -2.0 more VI at running temp than the Mobil oil I've used since new to fine tune my oil analysis " slight bearing wear " as the motor wore in and got a little looser. The only reason I'm bailing on the Mobil SS is they don't offer a 11.5-12.0 cSt 30wt . Why do they make three 30wts so simalar I'll never know but it is a shame in a oil junkie kind of way
smile.gif

I found the Pentosin 5w-30 for 5.50 per liter but the VI index and other aspects of the German made Castrol 0w-30 is very appealing and it certainly is as high end a 30wt as any if not the best that can be found in the USA excepting the Maxima 0w-30 which stands out above the rest IMO .

I was very close to just using the Motul 10w-40 E-Tech 100 VOAand it costs me 5.00 per liter no tax , no shipping but I'll wait to use a heavier than 12cSt oil for later in the engines life .

I would use the groovy Synergyn in her car but I'm using it in my new 2004 PU Truck so the oil junkie in me wants to spread it around a little .
smile.gif

I've got a month to decide but it's really looking like Castrol 0w-30 at this point for a couple of years minimum because I'm not one to switch around .

To whom ever first picked up a bottle of the GC 0w-30 and read the label the forum owes you a big thanks .
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Motorbike:

To whom ever first picked up a bottle of the GC 0w-30 and read the label the forum owes you a big thanks .
cheers.gif

That credit goes to Dr.T, he was the one who spotted GC for the very first time at a Walmart here in Toronto. A few days after that my mad search began and my shrine will never be the same.
smile.gif

I just hope more oil companies follow suit and bring more European oils over here, and offer them at a reasonable price like this.

quote:

Originally posted by Motorbike:
I'd like to ask you who are using the 5w-40 Pentosin if you have seen the 0w-30 listed where you purchased our oil .

I'm looking for a new oil for my Wifey's car for a couple of reasons and if this stuff is in the USA it sure might be the one I use .

Pentospeed 0w-30 VS

Moto,
Where are you at in TX? Where could I find this PentoSyn oil?
Thanks

LastZ,

Sent you a PM.

Patman ,

I'm with you on that one ! I spoke with a Valvoline guy awhile back and it looks likely the Valvoline 0w-40 MXL will be offered sometime in the near future . It's in the USA now but only in drums at either the MB or BMW dealers...can't remember which .

Bye Bye Mobil .You have been good to me
tongue.gif

I decided to run the Synergyn 3w-30 I have year round in the 3 quart capacity oil killing little monster my Wifey commutes in all hiway .

At least now I'll be able to go 6 months and beyond on a oil change safely ...never could before with the 30wt Mobil SS in that car .

I'll use the 20wt Synergyn I have in my new 04 Pickup while it's young and tight then switch it to 3w-30 Synergyn winter - 5w-40 AGIP the 6 warmer months here .That thing is gonna get some miles put on it annualy .

I'm all set for a couple or 3 years concerning oil for these two engines.
cheers.gif

Will never ever switch from the Saab 0w-30 in the 4.6 Ford though till time for another car .A good match-up there .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back