Pentosin Euro 5w40, 10k miles on the oil, on a MB 2005 S500 with 215k miles

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Pentosin Euro 5w40, 10k miles on the oil, on a MB 2005 S500 with 215k miles
OilReports 05 S500.jpg

that engine looks extremely happy running that stuff. I'd probably opt for a TBN if I was doing 10k changes, but otherwise, keep it up and great to see a beautiful car having the miles put on it like its intended.

The oil analyis stuff is very new to me. The main thing I am looking for is if the analysis hints at impending engine issues. Two things I am most looking for is coolant in the oil and metals. And I say this from a very amateur point of view.

The oil analyis stuff is very new to me. The main thing I am looking for is if the analysis hints at impending engine issues. Two things I am most looking for is coolant in the oil and metals. And I say this from a very amateur point of view.
not important, when it shows up on a UOA it’s late. pay for TBN and see how much you can stretch the oil out

that engine will make it to 5 quadrillion miles with half a quart in the pan it’s the least of your worries

Used Oil Analysis is that: oil analysis.
You have to developers trend, several oil analysis to figure out are there issues with engine, how certain oil affects wear etc.

Back