Pento Speed 0W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a VW Parts/Service shop a couple of blocks down the street from me. I took a walk there to see what type of oil they stock. They had everything Mann has for VW/Audi's. They stock mostly Pentosin oils. The usual 5W-40 VAG flavor. They also stocked Pento Speed 0W-30. They want $45 for the 5 liter jug.

I had my UOA done of my 07 Altima, and Blackstone said I could do once a year OCI's on my car. It's past break in, and I only put about 7K per year on it.

My question is. Is Pento Speed worth the $20-$25 premium over Mobil 1 and Pennzoil Platium? I know some Pentosin oils are Group III and GIII/GIV mix. I believe the 0W-30 is group IV only.

pen0w30synth5l.jpg

pen0w30synth5l%20(2).jpg

I don't think it's possible. I'm sure the extra cost is about other factors besides quality.

Most Japanese engines dont want a high HTHS oil. This is a MB V6 oil. The proper NISSAN PC oil would be an ACEA A1/A5 B5 which Europeans typ dont spec unless its a European Ford or GM Vauxhall. I do ammend my M1 fills in my Toyota with M1 R4T since the adds are so weak on the GF4 PCMO. Just 10% does the trick most days. PAO oils NEED a good ADD to work. I'll dump a cup O' oil and ammend as the motor tells me throug the OCI.

Quote:
Is Pento Speed worth the $20-$25 premium over Mobil 1 and Pennzoil Platium?

Not in my view. I'd stick with something like Pennzoil Platinum or any brand name off-the-shelf synthetic made here for about half the price. And if you want a 0W-30, there is always GC (German Castrol Syntec), which is an excellent oil.

Rather see M1 or PP in there changed twice a year vs. Pentospeed once a year. Cost is the same. Short trip driving should get more maintenance then what Blackstone advises.

Originally Posted By: buster
Made in Germany.

You know the German's make good stuff!

Untitled.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back