Pentastar 3.6 Charger-Amsoil 5w20

You still did not answer the question. You stated "The iron difference cannot be attributed to the oil." And sorry If I came off Rude but why did that drop with the Amsoil same mileage same filter
A multitude of things from the specific engine condition and operating environment all the way to improper ICP calibration or within the repeatability of the ASTM procedure. No one, ever, will show that one oil is slightly "better" than another through a spectrographic analysis. When we ran UOA in college it was to infer machinery operating condition, never as a discriminator between which oil was better than another. It does not work that way. Sure, if you put water in the system and run it as "oil" then the analysis will show that. But not for two or more appropriately rated oils.

Far too many variables in everyday driving for another thing. You test comparative oil quality through expensive, complicated and statistically valid methods. It's how you get results that matter.

Even Amsoil will tell you a spectrographic analysis won't show you that.

A multitude of things from the specific engine condition and operating environment all the way to improper ICP calibration or within the repeatability of the ASTM procedure. No one, ever, will show that one oil is slightly "better" than another through a spectrographic analysis. When we ran UOA in college it was to infer machinery operating condition, never as a discriminator between which oil was better than another. It does not work that way. Sure, if you put water in the system and run it as "oil" then the analysis will show that. But not for two or more appropriately rated oils.

Far too many variables in everyday driving for another thing. You test comparative oil quality through expensive, complicated and statistically valid methods. It's how you get results that matter.
+1 Tear the engine down mic things up and we can determine which oil did better.

So more or less to many Variables?

Interesting results. Thanks for sharing them.

Of the two pentastars I owned, a 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan and a 2017 Ram 1500, I ran run of the mill synthetic 5w30 in both as opposed to the recommended 5w20, usually at a 5-6K mile OCI. They were both flawless for the 60-70K miles I kept the vehicles.

Back