Pentastar 3.6 Charger-Amsoil 5w20

You are reading your own narrative, but I get it you don't agree so you get to be snarky You do what you want and for the same results I have UOA that show Different =Stay cold in Canada

UOA that show different what? Carbon? Sorry, I've lost the focus of this thread.
UOA that show different what? Carbon? Sorry, I've lost the focus of this thread.
2 UOA done at 5000 miles the Pennzoil Ultra Iron had 15, Amsoil Had 7 Iron half. Engine oil can combat carbon deposits. Oil additives can help to breakdown, disperse and even encapsulate carbon deposits. But, all oil and additive packages break down over time and lose their effectiveness to control carbon deposits. This lifespan is a function of the quality of the oil and how the engine stresses the oil.

Last edited:
I never wrote the Pentastar is Direct Injection let me repeat that, I should of done a better job explaining my self-**** my opinion is no better than any ones Just a person trying to get ideas. Also I think both oils are great

2 UOA done at 5000 miles the Pennzoil Ultra Iron had 15, Amsoil Had 7 Iron half. Engine oil can combat carbon deposits. Oil additives can help to breakdown, disperse and even encapsulate carbon deposits. But, all oil and additive packages break down over time and lose their effectiveness to control carbon deposits. This lifespan is a function of the quality of the oil and how the engine stresses the oil.
roadking801
Thanks for the Post
Now you've got my attention!
Your 2 UOA's had Iron readings of 15 for Pennzoil, and 7 for Amsoil
Question ❓
What # is too High?
I've been running Amsoil SS 5w-20 and Amsoil SS 5w-30 for 6+ yrs in my 2011 Ford Expedition EL with a 5.4L motor
I've done a total of 15 UOA's in 5.5 yrs
My Iron #s have never been flagged by Oil Analyzers
Here are the Iron #s
I believe the avg is 21.4
I look forward to your answer
I have a 3.6L Pentastar in my 2012 Jeep Wrangler running Amsoil SS 5w-30 and have never done a UOA because I don't put many miles on it.

The iron difference cannot be attributed to the oil.

roadking801
Thanks for the Post
Now you've got my attention!
Your 2 UOA's had Iron readings of 15 for Pennzoil, and 7 for Amsoil
Question ❓
What # is too High?
I've been running Amsoil SS 5w-20 and Amsoil SS 5w-30 for 6+ yrs in my 2011 Ford Expedition EL with a 5.4L motor
I've done a total of 15 UOA's in 5.5 yrs
My Iron #s have never been flagged by Oil Analyzers
Here are the Iron #s
I believe the avg is 21.4
I look forward to your answer
I have a 3.6L Pentastar in my 2012 Jeep Wrangler running Amsoil SS 5w-30 and have never done a UOA because I don't put many miles on it.
Avg was 17on the sheet, so both were Good according to Blackstone and the 3.6. My flagged area was copper but it came down 35 TO 24

The iron difference cannot be attributed to the oil.
So Please tell me why the differance- I love People That know everything Please Enlighten me I posted my UOA s if you say the oil has nothing to with it then why did it change I will listen may not agree but sure the hell will not be Rude- go ahead Caller

So Please tell me why the differance- I love People That know everything Please Enlighten me I posted my UOA s if you say the oil has nothing to with it then why did it change I will listen may not agree but sure the hell will not be Rude- go ahead Caller
Unlike you where was I being rude?

You need to learn what a UOA says about the oil or the engine and what it does not.

You still did not answer the question. You stated "The iron difference cannot be attributed to the oil." And sorry If I came off Rude but why did that drop with the Amsoil same mileage same filter

You still did not answer the question. You stated "The iron difference cannot be attributed to the oil." And sorry If I came off Rude but why did that drop with the Amsoil same mileage same filter

Read that first

Read that first
Thank You - You just proved my point Amsoil is the Better Oil!

Thank You - You just proved my point Amsoil is the Better Oil!
Perhaps a better one for you to read is this one:

Back