Penske Renault Saturn. see?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be interested in buying a Renault built saturn.... I wonder if Penske will ever bring production to the US. I doubt it but one can hope.

Penske cant really build anything ,but he holds the ace - dealerships-
Plus he knows what will sell,but where does that leave Nissan? Could he sell all 3?
The man is smart.

Last edited:
Maybe Renault will 'throw in' their F1 team as a sweetener (since they're rumored to be trying to offload it). How does 'Saturn F1 Team' sound?

Originally Posted By: 1999nick
Hasn't Penske said that all his future cars will be U.S. manufactured?

Haven't read that,do you have a idea where you saw or read that?
Anyway I doubt he would handcuff himself.He may have said Saturn will be assembled in the USA.
find a link?

Originally Posted By: hone eagle
Hasn't Penske said that all his future cars will be U.S. manufactured?

Haven't read that,do you have a idea where you saw or read that?
Anyway I doubt he would handcuff himself.He may have said Saturn will be assembled in the USA.
find a link?

It was in a previous thread on this website titled "The Future of Saturn" about 10 days ago. It said something to the effect that Penske was quoted in the last issue of Motor Trend Magazine. I checked this issue, and it is not a direct quote from Penske. It says that Penske wants Saturns to be built in North America after the GM sources dry up in 2012. It infers that he is looking to source compacts from the Nissan factory in Mexico where they manufacture Sentras and Versas, and to replace the Aura with a rebadged Nissan Altima. This is on page 16 of the September issue.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
Renault and Nissan are both icky.

I can't believe an Audi junkie would put a Renault and Nissan in the same category. As the owner of a 1999 Nissan Maxima that has only, in ten years, required the replacement of an oxygen sensor and the brake pads, in addition to routine maintenance, and a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder that has never required any repair, just oil changes in 4 years, I wonder why you would want to low rate one of the most reliable makes on the market.

I would remind you that the head man at Renault, and also Nissan, is not a Frenchman.

I would remind you that the head man at Renault, and also Nissan, is not a Frenchman.

I would remind you that he's not Japanese either....There, we both said something dumb and unrelated to anything.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
Renault and Nissan are both icky.

I can't believe an Audi junkie would put a Renault and Nissan in the same category. As the owner of a 1999 Nissan Maxima that has only, in ten years, required the replacement of an oxygen sensor and the brake pads, in addition to routine maintenance, and a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder that has never required any repair, just oil changes in 4 years, I wonder why you would want to low rate one of the most reliable makes on the market.

1995 and later Sentras were troublesome.
The Xterra 3.3L engine was very prone to early bearing failure.

So if the man doesn't trust either manufacturer, he has 2 very good reasons.

That, and if Renault had to pull out of the USA, whereas other imported cars got to stay, it serves as some proof that Renault cars were not as good as they should have been.

We rented a Renault diesel 5-speed wagon in March of '06 and I was very impressed with it. I remember thinking that they should sell this car stateside. I will look up the pics from that vacation and post them here....if I can find them.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back