Pennzoil yellow bottle...what else stands out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being #1, SOPUS is always a little slower to jump through the latest hoop.

Took them forever to put 0W-20 on the shelf at the local store.

But their products are topnotch, across the board.

Its the only conventional, I know of, offering a 300,000 mile warranty.

FREE coverage up to 10 years/300,000 miles
Free warranty with purchase of any Pennzoil® motor oilCoverage up to 300,000 miles or 10 years (whichever is first) if you exclusively use:
Pennzoil Platinum®
Pennzoil Gold™
Pennzoil® High Mileage Vehicle®
Pennzoil® Conventional motor oil
Easy to enroll
Covers 15 critical engine parts
Completely transferable to future owner
Customized for each driver’s specific OEM recommended oil change schedule
Offers convenient reminders when it’s time to change your motor oil

Last edited:
QS has that too. Same company.

Frankly, has anyone ever suffered a oil related engine failure by using any OTC oil of reputable quality?

Quote:

Offers convenient reminders when it’s time to change your motor oil

I think SOPUS is most interested in this portion of the program.

Originally Posted By: wemay

Mobil up here and Petro-Canada also offer an unlimited mileage and time warranty, provided one follows the OEM rules, and one doesn't have to register, either. I'd be more interested in seeing someone cash in on the Quaker State high miles rebate, though!

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: wemay

Mobil up here and Petro-Canada also offer an unlimited mileage and time warranty, provided one follows the OEM rules, and one doesn't have to register, either. I'd be more interested in seeing someone cash in on the Quaker State high miles rebate, though!

I'll bet it never happens . There would be so much fine print and loop holes the lawyers would have a field day with you trying to prove the oil was at fault for your engine not lasting 300,000 miles .

I could see that becoming a public relations nightmare. I more so believe that almost all SN/GF-5 cert oils lubricate well above what's necessary. Garak's inclusion of Petro-Canada with an unlimited mlg limit being testament.

Originally Posted By: nitehawk55
I'll bet it never happens . There would be so much fine print and loop holes the lawyers would have a field day with you trying to prove the oil was at fault for your engine not lasting 300,000 miles .

It probably never happens, without the lawyers being the push. What are the odds of someone keeping a vehicle for that length of time, sticking with the same brand for the length of time, following the OEM recommendations, then having a failure of one of the covered parts, and then actually going through the trouble to file a claim? Lube related failures are almost unheard of.

I've got enough confidence in modern oils that I'm running something out of spec, knowing full well that the oil companies' warranties require something specified for the vehicle. Besides, people take a much larger hit on depreciation than on any engine repairs.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Ram01
How come PYB is not dexos 1????

GM would dance an Irish jig if there were happen. SOPUS will not certify PYB for DEXOS-1 the profit SOPUS would waste would be thru the roof.

PYB is a fine oil but does not meet DEXOS1 because the NOACK is too high. DEXOS1 requires 12% or less and PYB is greater than that. It is very hard to meet the 12% without some group 3/4/5 base oil in the mix

Originally Posted By: Ram01
PYB is better than some syn oils on the market today

PYB is very, very good conventional oil, but sorry, I just don't believe that. Can you substantiate that claim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back