Pennzoil Ultra Platinum SRT vs Ultra Platinum?

Does anyone know the difference between plain PUP and PUP SRT?
I changed the oil in my 2020 Hemi Ram 2500 and noticed the bottles have the SRT logo. I also have a bottle of plain PUP.
Thanks.

We already told you there is no PUP SRT, it's just PUP, the older bottles may have made mention of SRT on the bottle , but the newer ones don't but the only approved spec on PUP is a Chrysler spec so whether it's an old bottle that says SRT on the front or a new bottle that lacks the SRT it's the same product. the only other Pennzoil 0W-40 oil is Pennzoil Platinum Euro.

I thought you just made a thread about this?
It kinda turned into that. My original question was to ask if PUP is a good oil. Then I realized I had 2 different bottles. I didn’t see that post that says they’re the same thing. Sorry.

That's interesting...I'm not a Mopar fanboy at all but hard to imagine their engrs are specing a poor lube for stuff like Hellcats.
The HEMI is a less demanding application than say a twin turbo Porsche engine where the testing protocol has it lapping the Nurburgring for hours on end. Roller pushrod engines aren't typically super hard on oil and this particular product has a pretty generic non-Euro PCMO additive package, from what we can see from VOA/UOA's, on top of that, the Noack is about the same as a generic 5w-30, which is a fair bit higher than what we see on the Euro oils where it is below 10% (M1 0w-40 is 8.8%).

GM is now recommending a somewhat similar (M1 ESP 0w-40) oil for the Corvette, an application where they've typically recommended a 15w-50 for track use which has additive levels more similar to a Euro 0w-40. I've also heard that GM's competition Corvette cars typically ran M1 0w-40. We also know it was the oil of choice for many teams at the 24hrs of Sebring.

The more emissions-friendly 0w-40's probably aren't giving up much, if anything, in DD operation where the cars aren't being tracked. On the track, the Euro oils probably result in lower wear at the limit.

The HEMI is a less demanding application than say a twin turbo Porsche engine where the testing protocol has it lapping the Nurburgring for hours on end. Roller pushrod engines aren't typically super hard on oil and this particular product has a pretty generic non-Euro PCMO additive package, from what we can see from VOA/UOA's, on top of that, the Noack is about the same as a generic 5w-30, which is a fair bit higher than what we see on the Euro oils where it is below 10% (M1 0w-40 is 8.8%).

GM is now recommending a somewhat similar (M1 ESP 0w-40) oil for the Corvette, an application where they've typically recommended a 15w-50 for track use which has additive levels more similar to a Euro 0w-40. I've also heard that GM's competition Corvette cars typically ran M1 0w-40. We also know it was the oil of choice for many teams at the 24hrs of Sebring.

The more emissions-friendly 0w-40's probably aren't giving up much, if anything, in DD operation where the cars aren't being tracked. On the track, the Euro oils probably result in lower wear at the limit.
Given that it won’t make much difference and disregarding the MS-12633 spec, what would be your first choice in a street driven Hellcat? Filter?
Thanks

Given that it won’t make much difference and disregarding the MS-12633 spec, what would be your first choice in a street driven Hellcat? Filter?
Thanks
I'd say any of the Euro Car(ACEA A3/B4) oils in 0W-40 or 5W-40 or even 0W30 or 5W30, to be ACEA A3/B4 they all have to have a HTHS viscosity above 3.5, and the BMW LL-01 spec that the 5wX oils carry is pretty stringent so is MB 229.5 and Porsche A40 and VW502/505.

Thanks
just the 6.1 factory fill

Attachments

• E2D11BDA-5DD6-4239-9C2D-AA33473676AE.jpeg
    E2D11BDA-5DD6-4239-9C2D-AA33473676AE.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 20
Back