Pennzoil Ultra Platinum SN+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well folks, it's finally here. Ultra Platinum has been updated with a new sticker design including the words "Race trusted" and "Made from natural gas" as well as the SN+ cert. No dexos, however. It's $30 on Amazon, and didn't see it at Walmart this morning.

PUP.png

Mobil 1 EP is 2 dollars cheaper every day at Walmart, is dexos 1g2 approved, and you don't have to Have to sacrifice a first born child to a fairy in order to find it on the shelves.

But if yellow is your color - go for it.

Originally Posted by D1dad
Rebate lol.

I have never had a problem getting a rebate check from Pennzoil.

Originally Posted by Patman
Rebate lol.

+1
I've received two within the last 6 months.

Rebate lol.

SOPUS has never honored a rebate when I purchased from Walmart.com

I have received 12 rebates from pennzoil when purchasing from both walmart and amazon.
100%

m1 rebates 7 out of 10.
(delvac rebates 8 out of 8)
this is in last 5 years.

Originally Posted by Rand
I have received 12 rebates from pennzoil when purchasing from both walmart and amazon.
100%

m1 rebates 7 out of 10.
(delvac rebates 8 out of 8)
this is in last 5 years.

No problems with Pennzoil rebates here either.

Amazon has become expensive for motor oil, other than their brand of course.

As for the albino deer, I still have not seen it in any stores in my area.

Originally Posted by Linctex
Rebate lol.

SOPUS has never honored a rebate when I purchased from Walmart.com

I've only submitted 3 and all were denied. One was from AA and they stated there was no date on the receipt which was clearly on there. The other was 3 clearance jugs from meijer and they said it didn't qualify, even though meijers register kicks out the rebate forms on the spot. I called their (good luck) 800 number and sat on hold forever. Sent emails with no response and nothing from a Facebook PM. There's plenty of people who have had the same experience. I'm glad some people have had good luck, I haven't and will never buy sopus products unless it's being clearanced out. I'm not a Mobil fan but they spit the checks out without question.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by SlavaB
So what benefits do you guys get when using PUP over PP?

I thought the Ultra has beefier base stocks and beefier additives.
So it doesn't? - say it ain't so Slava! If not, then it should be both Dexos1 / Gen2 and SN Plus.

Originally Posted by SlavaB
So what benefits do you guys get when using PUP over PP?

I don't know honestly. It isn't like the clear difference in vastly more PAO content (since they don't use PAO) like what M1 EP/AP offers over regular M1
21.gif

What's the deal with PUP? Are there any current PDS's? PP is clearly their big seller.

Originally Posted by buster
What's the deal with PUP? Are there any current PDS's? PP is clearly their big seller.

There were recently from the epc.shell site but they are buried amongst the threads. That was the big discussion over the change of wording from Fischer Tropsch base oil to "various low viscosity" base oil.

If I recall correctly, Ultra still had the FT wording in the SDS. Platinum had dropped it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back