Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w30

Triple_Se7en

$50 Site Donor 2024
(VOA) Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w30 SN Plus

Date sampled was Feb 26th, 2020. NAPA's Oil Analysis Report.
Future Intentions for 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.4 GDI - around June 2020.

Lead.................................1
Aluminum.........................2
Titanium...........................2
--------------------------------
Silicon..............................2
Sodium............................1
--------------------------------
Magnesium.....................765
Calcium..........................1119
Phosphorous..................719
Zinc................................822
Molybdenum ..................96
Boron.............................282
------------------------------
Viscosity cst@100C ......9.4
Viscosity [email protected]
Base Number ................8.7

prolly why 5 thou changes are recommended in girlfriends preowned 18 Optima, so far so good no consumption with quaker state ultimate durability 10w30 fake synthetic!

Originally Posted by jayjr1105
That's a light 5w30.

Very
If Penn would thicken this oil to the high side of a 30W
I'd run it every time

I ran Platinum for my winter oil in my 3.5L EB. No consumption and easy starts when we fell into the -30c range. Even hit a night of -41c. I changed it out at a bit over 5200 miles since I had done a lot of idling and short trips without actually warming it up all the way. It was ruby red in colour rather than black so it probably still had a bunch of life left.

From what I've seen in various other VOA's is that the only difference between Platinum and Ultra Platinum is a bit more additives all around in the Ultra. Nothing drastically different.

Thanks for the report nlife.
When the temps get that cold at -41, Celsius and Farenheit are almost exactly the same. Either that, or Google Math is lying to me.
It's sad to read that your British Columbia has eleven COVID-19 cases already..... as of today. Good luck and stay healthy.

Originally Posted by madeej11
Originally Posted by Propflux01
Thin due to fuel dilution from GDI?

It's a VIRGIN oil analysis!

Sorry, for some reason I didn't catch that part.
33.gif

WHY are generally all their oils so thin?

Good question. It's the same story with the 5w40 Euro. It's a borderline 5w30.

I'm gonna guess it has something to do with the manufacturing process using natural gas instead of crude (or whatever the other synthetics are made out of.)

Been running PUP 5w30 oil in the 99 Corolla for over 42,000 miles so far with out any Oil related issues. Seems to be a great match with the 1zz-fe. I feel it cleaned out the sticky rings and kept them clean to the point that it doesn’t use any make-up oil between regular OCI.

Back