Pennzoil Ultra Euro 5w-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: m6pwr
I was hoping there would be some clue in the VOA as how the PU 5w40 achieves such high cleaning power - http://www.sae.org/mags/aei/enrg/8580.

Yeah, I'm afraid a $20 VOA is not going to crack that secret.
smile.gif

It would be nice if we could hire Dyson to do a green GC type analysis on this.
55.gif

I noticed this comment in the sae link above: “The Holy Grail is the engine gets no deposits,” Robert Sutherland, Principal Scientist, Consumer Lubricants, Shell, said at a media event for the introduction of the full synthetic oil.

Pete, thanks for this!
thumbsup2.gif

-Dennis

To be honest, I don't think this oil will be available for very long, unless SOPUS figures out how to make it more readily available - either through typical retail outlets or dealer service networks. If it's only going to be available through pennzoil.com, then the sales will be too small to justify production and they'll can it.

I, for one, will probably not continue using it unless I can find it locally at price that is competitive with M1 0w-40 or even RTS T6.

To be honest, I don't think this oil will be available for very long, unless SOPUS figures out how to make it more readily available - either through typical retail outlets or dealer service networks. If it's only going to be available through pennzoil.com, then the sales will be too small to justify production and they'll can it.

I, for one, will probably not continue using it unless I can find it locally at price that is competitive with M1 0w-40 or even RTS T6.

We sell it where I work (oil distributor) and move quite a bit of it. We also sell to the general public.

The price list I have is a couple of months old, so the 5w-40 is not listed. We sell the 5w-20, 5w-30 and 10w-30 for $45.94 for a 6 quart case.

Well, with Penske dealerships switching to Pennzoil/Shell you're going to have a lot of Mercedes dealerships and the like using the Euro formula.

That my spur some retail stock as people will want to top up with what the dealer uses in the engine.

Originally Posted By: supercity
Is this the same as Shell Helix Ultra?

The technical specs are identical, so I would say, yes.

So, do I hear a volunteer to do a retest using a more recent batch of the product?
smile.gif

I just bought a jug of the SM Helix Ultra. I'm keen to have a VOA done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back