pennzoil ultra drain time

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats the farthest you would push the new silver bottle with a bosch D+ filet or a farm ultra? in a 4.7 dodge v8?

Iv read a UOA for once (can't recall the vehicle) anyways it was spent by the time they had the UOA done at 9-9.6k miles.

I know my younger brother has 10k on it in his 02 3.0 Sport Track.

Don't believe iv seen any for your vehicle/motor so I can't really say. Personally I believe the best place to check for this would be on a dodge forum.

Originally Posted By: 3800Series
I believe the best place to check for this would be on a dodge forum.

That would be the last place I would check for OCI advice. Most of the people on [insert name of vehicle here] forums will insist that you're going to ruin your engine if you don't change your oil every 3000 miles, even with synthetic. They like to think that using expensive synthetic oil and changing it every 3000 miles is "cheap insurance".

I'm just saying a forum with hundreds/thousands of people who all use the same engines and vechiles as you do would more then likely have several people who not only use the oil, but push the oil. He's more then welcome to ask here or anywhere he pleases but I can tell you for every one person who say 3k there is another that says 5-8k.

I use to frequent Volvo forums and I couldn't tell you how much information I was able to get on my car within mins.

Personally I do 5k conv. I'll be doing my first real synthetic oil soon since I have a vehicle that doesn't leak now.

Guess this sounds kinda rude. Its not by intention.

Originally Posted By: Samf333
whats the farthest you would push the new silver bottle with a bosch D+ filet or a farm ultra? in a 4.7 dodge v8?

The best way to know is to try an oci you are comfortable with and get a uoa. We don't know your driving habits , as short tripping affects oil different than highway or even expressway. Unless you are short tripping 7500 and a uoa might be a place to start.

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
Originally Posted By: 3800Series
I believe the best place to check for this would be on a dodge forum.

That would be the last place I would check for OCI advice. Most of the people on [insert name of vehicle here] forums will insist that you're going to ruin your engine if you don't change your oil every 3000 miles, even with synthetic. They like to think that using expensive synthetic oil and changing it every 3000 miles is "cheap insurance".

I agree. Jeep forum is a wealth of information for most issues but trying to have a rational and intelligent oil discussion there is nearly impossible.

For most full syns I'd suggest a 7,500 mile UOA and evaluate from there. 10k is probably realistic.

3K miles.
27.gif

This is a reply post from a question of should I run 5w20 and where do I get it. Which is already two stupid questions

I would go with 50 - 50 syntatic an regular oil. Make sure you change your oil regularly or your filter will clog up. Good luck.

Oh yeah it was a Dakota forum.
skip the Dodge forums and get a uoa done.

Last edited:
Depends on your driving habits. I would never do less than 2 oci/year in a cold winter climate doing spring-fall oci schedule. That would work well if you drive 15k +/- annually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back