Pennzoil Ultra creeping out of bottles, esters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I might sound crazy but I have purchased two 5qt bottles and 8 single quarts of Pennzoil Ultra over the last year and have noticed that both 5qt jugs and most of the individual quarts have had visible oil residue originating from the top/lid area, they are still sealed but it seems like this oil likes to "creep" it seems, it got me thinking, I do know esters have am affinity to metal, but that doesn't really explain its affinity to creeping up the neck of a plastic the bottle, I've used many different oils over the last 2 years, (castrol edge, mobil 1, trop-artic, maxlife blend) and none seem to do this, does anybody have a theory on this? tell me I am not a crazy person.

My jugs of mineral Rotella 15w-40 do this. My bottles of PYB do this. Are you telling me they all have esters in them?
smile.gif

I have no idea, but none of my other oils seem to do this, it was just a theory, I even cleaned one of the bottles up and the next week it was damp again near the lid area, maybe my theory has nothing to do with esters.

I have no idea, never used it before. But if you're in doubt of the quality use the ones that's working good that you used before.

Those are PUP Intelligent Molecules(TM) that crawl up from the sump to protect your engine when the engine is shut off...Magnatec is for the weak.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Lex94
Those are PUP Intelligent Molecules(TM) that crawl up from the sump to protect your engine when the engine is shut off...Magnatec is for the weak.

c'mon, magnatec is the fav of all those in the Borg Collective.

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
Opened jugs, I put some plastic cling wrap over the hole and put the cap on.

good idea, i will keep that in mind.

My quarts of multiple brands don't have seals either, but only my Ultra quarts seep.

Originally Posted By: chrisri
Maybe it's hallucinogenic so you only think oil is creeping out of the bottles
21.gif
?

That's what I was thinking.

Pennzoil is great oil but they don't put the inner seal on their jugs and they always seem to leak.. Ask the guy that cleans the shelves at wal mart he knows that all to well. That is why sometimes i don't buy Pennzoil although Pennzoil is my favorite oil. Mobil 5000 has the inner seal and that is a plus because it does not leak.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Pennzoil is great oil but they don't put the inner seal on their jugs and they always seem to leak.. Ask the guy that cleans the shelves at wal mart he knows that all to well. That is why sometimes i don't buy Pennzoil although Pennzoil is my favorite oil. Mobil 5000 has the inner seal and that is a plus because it does not leak.

It's a little frustrating because of ten qt bottles, 3 seap. No matter what you do to clean it, you come back a week later and the bottle is shiny on one side, again.

Its his wife doing it to drive him crazy. After putting him in the nut house, she'll have all his money to spend. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back