Pennzoil Truck, SUV, Minivan oil??? - Johnny?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to share my opinion with you on this, but I cannot use profanity on this website. I am going to check into this, but I will tell you what the tech sheets on the Pennzoil website tells me. It tells me that a good Group II+ works as good as a Group II - III blend. Same vis at 100c and the regular dino Group II+ has a better pour point. I was told the blend has a better AW package and I will let you know. Man oh man, how is someone supose to figure this stuff out.
pat.gif

What makes this "blend" better than regular Pennzoil dino? On paper, it does not look like the specs are any better than the cheaper pennz dino oil. Can you share some information / opinions with us?

My memory is foggy here, but didn't the pre-Pennzoil Quaker State people start the marketing "innovation" of selling "special" oils for 4x4s, etc. when in fact there was really not much special except for the label on the bottle?

Didn't Quaker State and Slick-50 also get married about that time?

Maybe some of the MBA types who came along with the Quaker State/Slick-50 side of things are working their magic on the Pennzoil brands ????

There is so much BS and misinformation put out in the name of marketing that it is often very difficult for customers to find out what they are really buying and what the features and benefits of the product really are.

John

quote:

I was told the blend has a better AW package and I will let you know. Man oh man, how is someone supose to figure this stuff out.

Thanks, Johnny!
smile.gif

I came to the same conclusions as you after viewing the data sheets. To me, I cannot see any advantage to the "blend" when compared to good old regular Pennzoil dino. There must be some reason for marketing this oil, right?
confused.gif

From the data sheets, the dino Pennzoil looks to be a superior product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back