pennzoil synthetic gear oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently seen som pennzoil synthetic gear oil at my local parts store 75-90 was the only weight they carried. Anyone have any experiance with it? How does it compare to rp or amsoil sg? I think it was abot $9 a quart compared to the $4.50 I paid for the gearplus 80-90.

Pennzoil Gear Plus Super 75W-90 full synthetic gear oil with the LS additive already added. It is a very good gear oil and I would not hesitate to use it.

Wallyworld years ago used to stock it all the time. I bought the last few bottles that I saw almost 2 years ago.

Great stuff. But, I'm a little excessive with OCI. Never let any gear oil go every 30k or 3yrs without maintenance. Never lost a gearbox!

hey thanks a lot guys! I think I'll try it out. I love that its in gear oil bottles too! I hate that amsoil puts theirs in the same oil bottles they put everything else in.

Johnny would you happen to know how close Pennzoil Gear Plus Super 75W-90 and Shell Spirax 75W-90 are formulated. With both being the top of the line Sopus gear oil products just curious how close they are. If the Pennzoil is anywhere close to the Shell then it is some really good gear oil.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Same stuff, different bottle.

Then it is jam-up oil. I switched my big trucks rears and trans. to
the Shell brand several years ago. Shell rep. suggested to change it at 400k intervals. I dont think the OP could go wrong with the Pennzoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back