Pennzoil Syn Blend dexos 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
35.gif

For the price Wal-Mart sells the stuff for, it's about the same price to get a full synthetic dexos1 oil for an oil change. And, the full synthetic dexos1 oils have shown better UOA's in the engines that benefit most from the dexos1 specification. If the car in question has one of GM's turbo and/or DI engines, use the full synthetic.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
For the price Wal-Mart sells the stuff for, it's about the same price to get a full synthetic dexos1 oil for an oil change. And, the full synthetic dexos1 oils have shown better UOA's in the engines that benefit most from the dexos1 specification. If the car in question has one of GM's turbo and/or DI engines, use the full synthetic.

+1, though I do think it's worth consideration if SOPUS packages it in a 5 qt jug for $17ish. At least they will have a legitimate competitor to the Maxlife Dexos 1 for $17.

Seeing the Chevrolet dealer horror stories, folks are using Maxlife "exceeds dexos1" at their own risk. Good luck getting Ashland to pony up for a new engine or engine component if using their oils exclusively and a lubrication-related failure happens. For my car, a new turbo is $600 + shipping. I'd rather spend the extra $3-5 on real dexos1 oil to have a leg to stand on if anything happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back