Pennzoil suv truck&minivan oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work at a Wally-world warehouse and they had a flatbed cart full of paint and messy oil jugs that they cant ship to the stores at a cost of a $1.00 donation to charity. I passed on the supertech jugs, but they had 5 quart jugs of pennzoil suv truck&minivan synthetic blend 10w30 SM GF-4 oil which I bought one and cleaned up nicely and was sealed when I tested it with the cap off. Is this oil any different or better then regular Pennzoil?

5 quart jug for $1????
I would've grabbed all of them including supertech!

Its a blended synth good enough for 3k/3mo changes. The specs are so similar to regular Pennzoil, which makes me wonder if its any better or just the same(the power of GF-4 making all cheap oils better).

This may be in disagreement with a lot of the guys on this board but I wouldn't leave ANY Pennzoil product in my motor over 3k miles. I used to be a diehard Pennzoil freak till I started popping the valve covers on my cars... I actually would have bought the ST instead!

I would think you may be in disagreement with everyone on this board.

This is the first time I've read any valve cover-popping complaints with Pennzoil users.

kingrob can you give me a valid argument how pennzoil caused the sludge on these engine's. Because I had until about 8 months ago at 97 mustang with 3.8 that had about 94,500 miles on it b4 I traded it in. That I change the oil with pennzoil about every 3 months which would = about 5700 miles between changes in a very dusty climate and also frequent stop and go driving. I had a thermostat close while my brother in law was driving. Me and friend tore down the engine to make sure that it was not new one and it was clean as whistle. So I dont believe that urban myth that pennzoil slugged my engine stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back