Pennzoil Start/Stop Protection 0W-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by dpaldino
The motor oil aisle is getting more and more like the toothpaste aisle. Too many choices. What if you put in Start/Stop but then find out you have to take a long trip with no start/stops? Do you change the oil to Extended Care or some other oil that has been designated as the best for long trips on the highway?

Do I see a future for a lube with multiple personalities?🤔

Awaiting 0W-20 Bipolar Protection

Originally Posted by demarpaint
Originally Posted by PimTac
Well jeez, just to add to the confusion. I wonder if these product lines will replace the Platinum lines or be additional ones?

Hmm, I have a hybrid with start/stop and I I want all the power I can get from it. Choices choices.

Jeez is right. It fragments and adds more confusion to the product line. My guess is it will be sold at closeout prices in stores like Auto Zone and AAP in about 18-24 months from its introduction. And that is coming from a long term Pennzoil user and fan. First question to me is will Ultra still exist, and if so is it still their top of the line? Did Extended Care take the crown for the best of their line up? My guess is as good as any. I bet there will be lots of opinions shared from members, with little facts.

First of all, thank you for your loyalty to Pennzoil! To answer your question, Pennzoil Ultra Platinum is not going anywhere. It will still be a part of the Pennzoil family. Our goal is for this new product help make the decision process easier for motorists by offering motor oil that is designed for engine type or the way you drive.

Originally Posted by GenaFishbeck
Hello BITOGers - we appreciate your patience! It was incredibly difficult not to share sooner, but we are officially announcing today, the news of our new full synthetic product portfolio designed for your drive. The technical data sheet that was shared on this thread is actually just one of four new products we are introducing into the market. The four new full synthetic, made from natural gas motor oils are: Pennzoil Extended Careâ„¢, Pennzoil Start Stop Protectionâ„¢, Pennzoil Maximum Powerâ„¢ and Pennzoil Hybridâ„¢.

The new lineup is engineered to meet the requirements of motorists' engine types and driving styles, providing complete care for these vehicles. The products will be available for purchase from select online retailers beginning November 1, 2019. More information about each new product can be found by visiting the product pages on Pennzoil.com.

Hi Gena, are these new prods expected to meet the new GF6, without reformulation?

Hi, yes! Currently, all of the new products meet the service category API SN PLUS and ILSAC GF-5. They will also meet GF-6 requirements when this category launches.

Well jeez, just to add to the confusion. I wonder if these product lines will replace the Platinum lines or be additional ones?

Hmm, I have a hybrid with start/stop and I I want all the power I can get from it. Choices choices.

We appreciate your interest! No worries on the Platinum lines - they're here to stay. To help with how to choose, we always ask that you check your owner's manual to see what viscgrade your Hybrid calls for. If it calls for SAE 0W-16, then choose Pennzoil Hybrid to obtain unique protection needs of hybrid engines. If your Hybrid calls for SAE 0W-20 or SAW 5W-30 and you're frequently in driving environments that involve start and stop conditions, then we recommend using Pennzoil Start/Stop Protection which has been formulated to provide unsurpassed wear protection for millions of starts and stops and frequent short trips.

Hello BITOGers - we appreciate your patience! It was incredibly difficult not to share sooner, but we are officially announcing today, the news of our new full synthetic product portfolio designed for your drive. The technical data sheet that was shared on this thread is actually just one of four new products we are introducing into the market. The four new full synthetic, made from natural gas motor oils are: Pennzoil Extended Careâ„¢, Pennzoil Start Stop Protectionâ„¢, Pennzoil Maximum Powerâ„¢ and Pennzoil Hybridâ„¢.

The new lineup is engineered to meet the requirements of motorists' engine types and driving styles, providing complete care for these vehicles. The products will be available for purchase from select online retailers beginning November 1, 2019. More information about each new product can be found by visiting the product pages on Pennzoil.com.

Hi Gena, are these new prods expected to meet the new GF6, without reformulation?

Hi, yes! Currently, all of the new products meet the service category API SN PLUS and ILSAC GF-5. They will also meet GF-6 requirements when this category launches.

Awesome.. thanks for the reply Gena.ðŸ‘..all ribbing aside, the start/stop and EC products sound interesting. In the winter I do a lot of in town start/stop.

Last edited:

We appreciate your interest! No worries on the Platinum lines - they're here to stay. To help with how to choose, we always ask that you check your owner's manual to see what viscgrade your Hybrid calls for. If it calls for SAE 0W-16, then choose Pennzoil Hybrid to obtain unique protection needs of hybrid engines. If your Hybrid calls for SAE 0W-20 or SAW 5W-30 and you're frequently in driving environments that involve start and stop conditions, then we recommend using Pennzoil Start/Stop Protection which has been formulated to provide unsurpassed wear protection for millions of starts and stops and frequent short trips.

Thank you for your response.

Originally Posted by ka9mnx
Thank you for your response.

I don't think she got your dig...

No but I'm trying to be nice. Never mind the fact that I don't own a hybrid nor use Pennzoil.

Shell and Mobil seem to be pushing the idea of many different product lines. Maybe it's to increase shelf visibility? Who really knows. Aside from the Bitog crowd, most car owners get their oil changed by someone else whether it's the dealership or quick lube outlet or mechanic. So the effort is focused on a dwindling consumer base. Just my opinion.

Originally Posted by demarpaint

Jeez is right. It fragments and adds more confusion to the product line. My guess is it will be sold at closeout prices in stores like Auto Zone and AAP in about 18-24 months from its introduction. And that is coming from a long term Pennzoil user and fan. First question to me is will Ultra still exist, and if so is it still their top of the line? Did Extended Care take the crown for the best of their line up? My guess is as good as any. I bet there will be lots of opinions shared from members, with little facts.

First of all, thank you for your loyalty to Pennzoil! To answer your question, Pennzoil Ultra Platinum is not going anywhere. It will still be a part of the Pennzoil family. Our goal is for this new product help make the decision process easier for motorists by offering motor oil that is designed for engine type or the way you drive.

is there a difference between pennzoil and shell ultra ?both platinum.
tnx

Shell and Mobil seem to be pushing the idea of many different product lines. ...most car owners get their oil changed by someone else whether it's the dealership or quick lube outlet or mechanic. So the effort is focused on a dwindling consumer base. Just my opinion.

Roger on the polite.

I can see her point but 90% of the folks out there don't change their own oil and trust the quick lube/mechanic to put in the right stuff. Or don't even care just so it's done. That 90% don't know there's a difference in motor oils.

The DIY market is (still) obviously profitable enough for many of the majors to have not abandoned it.

Is it the #1 source of revenue for these large energy companies, probably not. But if it weren't operating in the black then they (the refiner) would likely consider spinning off those business units (downstream operations). I'm pretty sure this is what ConocoPhillips did with Kendall/Phillips66.

Sometimes though, it's not about whether or not the business units profitable but rather whether or not it fits into the companies long term strategy. A lot of refiners don't sell pcmo's, rather they sell the base stocks for pcmo's instead.

The DIY market is (still) obviously profitable enough for many of the majors to have not abandoned it.

Is it the #1 source of revenue for these large energy companies, probably not. But if it weren't operating in the black then they (the refiner) would likely consider spinning off those business units (downstream operations). I'm pretty sure this is what ConocoPhillips did with Kendall/Phillips66.

Sometimes though, it's not about whether or not the business units profitable but rather whether or not it fits into the companies long term strategy. A lot of refiners don't sell pcmo's, rather they sell the base stocks for pcmo's instead.

Great post man...

I would add that they see the diy people has a way to help market/push their products to other people too...

Lots of good experience with a certain oil... And one is a diy person... You will tell others too about your good experience with that oil.

Originally Posted by bbhero

Great post man...

I would add that they see the diy people has a way to help market/push their products to other people too...

Lots of good experience with a certain oil... And one is a diy person... You will tell others too about your good experience with that oil.

Exactly..i would venture to say that most of us picked up our like for all things oil from our father's (or mother's) or maybe a uncle/sibling. And there's a good chance you'll infect (...‚) your kin or neighbor/co-worker. I don't see the DIY going away anytime soon; has it shrunk some due to proliferation of the qwikie lube, sure. But it's still hanging tough due in no small part to DIY'ers like ourselves. And while I can't always make sense of the different offerings by a brand.. it's good to see them come out with them. Tell's me that overall, they're still bullish on the DIY pcmo market. And for me that's a good thing......

Originally Posted by HyundaiAbuser
Originally Posted by dpaldino
The motor oil aisle is getting more and more like the toothpaste aisle. Too many choices. What if you put in Start/Stop but then find out you have to take a long trip with no start/stops? Do you change the oil to Extended Care or some other oil that has been designated as the best for long trips on the highway?

Do I see a future for a lube with multiple personalities?🤔

Awaiting 0W-20 Bipolar Protection

Catchy, how about Desert/Arctic oil? Or Total Planet Protection Oil?

Thank you Gena. Your presence on BITOG is greatly appreciated. I will stay tuned, for sure. As you might surmise from my new signature, these products look VERY interesting. BTW I am barely seeing occasional quarts of Pennzoil Platinum w/Pure Plus 0W16 on shelves...bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back