Pennzoil Sintetico !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,haven't been here lately. So anyways, an aquaintance has acquired a truckload of Pennzoil Synthetic 5W-30. I told him to come here to sell it, not sure he has. Hopefully he's aquired this within the law, lol, I assume he has or he wouldnt be trying to re-sell it in the manner that he is. He's selling this stuff for $4.50 per quart. My question is: Is this stuff worth it? Is it essentially Pennz Platinum?

Thanks o' great wizards of Bitog.
11.gif

IMG_0183.jpg

IIRC the last time I bought it I paid $24.99 for 5 qts and a Mobil 1 filter when AAP ran it on a special.

That stuff is OLD.....'Pennzane' hasn't been used in Pennzoil synthetic in years! It's probably 'SJ' rated stuff from about 10 years ago!

Now, that said, Pennzoil synthetic with 'Pennzane' was a very good product...Johnny has said that many times on here. But for $4.50/quart, you're being taken for a bit of a ride!!!

Thanks guys, keep the info coming. Most of us where the original post is are laughing wondering how this person happened upon a truckload of oil, mafia jokes are ensuing. He says this is totally legit though.
cool.gif

What little research I did says they started using Pennzane in the mid 80's...and I saw a test with it as late as 1990.

Still looking....
I'm assuming now these bottles may be 10 years old as well.

Paul

I worked at Wal-Mart from 1993 to 2001, and I remember near the end of that period, the Pennzoil synthetic we had on the shelf still made reference to 'Pennzane'.

Can you get a pic of the back of the bottle - we're looking for whether it is 'SJ' or 'SL', or GF-2 or GF-3....

Here you go guys: he says

"Paul.

ILSAC GF-1, GF-2, API SJ, SH, SG

Post that up if you don't mind on Bitog, I still am not able to log in. Bottles/oil might be old, but they have been in side, in good shape. "

Last edited:
You are dealing with 10-13 year old bottles of oil. It's good stuff, but I wouldn't pay much for it. Johnny should have more info for you.

If the bottles are sealed, this oil will still be good. It was an exceelent oil in its day, and we've had people here ('pbm') use very old synthetic oil w/o problem....he even posted a UOA.

I'm getting a kick of how the OP is 1500+ miles away from a traditional native Spanish market, and I've never noticed a lot of spanish branded oil where I live. It's sort of like when products are written in French out here in California. Canada is how far? I took 2 years of French in high school and all it did was help me pronounce hockey player's names and actually allowed me to read Spanish easier :)

Not hijacking but I think there should be a thread or two of obscure oil containers, old and new.

It is a great oil, but not at that price. Think of some of the recent AAP close-out oil prices. Mobil 1 5W40 truck and SUV $1.99 a quart and it was an SL oil. I wouldn't pay more than $1.50-$2.00 a quart for it. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back