Pennzoil “Quick Lube Conventional” 5w-20/5w-30

I was at the local Jiffy Lube earlier to drop off some personal used oil. Their bulk dispenser had two new labels which say “Pennzoil Quick Lube Conventional.” There were two grades - 5w-20 and 5w-30.

A google search show the trademarks being filed earlier this year:

I am curious what the differences are between the “Quick Lube Conventional” and the retail version.

Last edited:
I was at the local Jiffy Lube earlier to drop off some personal used oil. Their bulk dispenser had two new labels which say “Pennzoil Quick Lube Conventional.” There were two grades - 5w-20 and 5w-30.

I am curious what the differences are between the “Quick Lube Conventional” and the retail version.

It's probably only good for 3,000 mi/6 mo OC's, the original goal of the quick lube places. They are probably losing too much money with people doing 5,000++ OCI's with today's "conventional" oils they are using, just kidding : ).

Pennzoil Quick Lube Conventional is a conventional and API SP PYB is now a SYN Blend

Can a conventional without some amount of syn in it meet SP standards?

A Blend and a Conventional

Oil 1: 60% 100 VI Group II / 40% 123 VI Group III

Oil 2: 55% 105 VI Group II / 45% 118 VI Group II+

What makes you think Oil 1 would be superior to Oil 2?

That said, no reason Pennzoil can't market a blend as a conventional. After all we have many members who will say the only true blend that's marketed as such is Schaeffer's 7000.

I go to JL for my company '19 Escape with the 1.5L Ecoboost.
The invoice indicates Pzl Gold 5W20 SN Dexos-1. That's a syn blend. Above that, it says Natl FLT SIG SERV BLEND 4x4. That sounds like an option chosen by ARI.

I'm due for a change on Friday. I'll shoot the breeze with the guys regarding Quick Lube vs Conventional.

Back