Pennzoil quesion for Johnny

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reviewing the the products specs for multigrade, synthetic blend and high mileage oils and it appears the regular multigrade out performs the others. I was just curious as to why the cheaper multigrade oil has better specs than the others

Specs don't always tell the entire story though. You also have to consider the additive package too, and how the oil performs in the UOA reports. All of these things don't show on the technical data reports.

Patman, I could not have said it better myself. You would make a good Pennzoil salesman
grin.gif

Here is the main difference in the three oils mentioned above. First of all, they all use the same additive package except for what I will list.

1. Regular Pennzoil: Group II+ base stock with about 80 ppm of moly.

2. High Mileage Pennzoil: Group II+ base stock, which has a slightly higher viscosity index than the regular oil, 80 ppm of moly, and a very small amount of esters for seal conditioning.

3. Synthetic Blend: 88% Group II+ and 12% Group III. No moly.

For my personal applications, I use regular Pennzoil 5W30 in my Nissan, 10W30 in my Pontiac 3.8, and I use our European Formula Synthetic 5W40 in my wife's VW Eurovan.

I change the oil between 3,000 and 4,000 miles on the regular oil, and I change the synthetic between 5,000 and 6,000 miles.

Chris: We have a direct operation there in Atlanta. Look in your yellow pages under oil or oil marketing. There should be a listing for either Pennzoil Products Company or Pennzoil-Quaker State Company. Give them a call and they can tell you where to get it, or they will even sell it to you direct. I'm not real sure what the retail price is, probably somewhere around $4.00 per quart. I'm lucky enough that my distributor gives me a case when I need it and marks it off as samples. I guess that's on of the benefits of working for the company. If you do not have any luck in locating a number, let me know, and I will see if I can get the number for you.

Thanks for the reply Johnny. What puzzled me is the multigrade has a lower pour point and better HTS values than the synthetic blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back