pennzoil platinum vs supertech high mileage

looking over these virgin oil analysis sheets the supertech looks better in most areas than the pennzoil. better cold flow, higher viscosity index, better looking additive package. the only thing pennzoil has is .4 more tbn that i can see.

what am i missing?

I see PP and high mileage ST, if that makes a difference. ST is a good oil and will do the job just fine. I choose to not use it due to PP having a better NOACK for my GDI engine. I use ST on my 03' Matrix and it does what it's designed to do.

The Pennzoil is likely made with lots of GTL which has a greater viscosity on it's own , the Supertech is likely using a lower quality thinner hydroprocessed crude oil derived base oil and is likely loaded with viscosity improvers and likely to shear much more during useage, so the Pennzoil starts out thinner but the end viscosity retention is probably much higher.

didnt shear much at 6k on this uoa

didnt shear much at 6k on this uoa
That's supertech full synthetic 5W30, that's a completely different product than ST HM

Screenshot_20210508-171027_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20210508-171042_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20210508-171053_Samsung Internet.jpg

Funny how much the ST full synthetic oil looks like Super S Dexos full synthetic oil...

Additive package almost exactly the same. I wonder if Warren Distribution is getting their additives from Afton ?

That's who supplies Smitty's Supply and Cam2.

Back