Pennzoil Platinum Ultra 5w-30 in 06 Tundra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed my oil and filter this weekend with Pennzoil Platinum Ultra with Pure Plus and my engine seems smoother and quieter. I used to hear a little "tick" and that's gone now.

Is it possible that a motor oil can reduce a tick or minor noise? It's noticeable but didn't know if maybe it was because we've gone to a summer blend fuel

In the past I have used Mobil 1 EP, Caterham blend of 4 qts ot TGMO and 2 1/2 qts of Mobil 1 0w-40 European Blend and Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30. All good choices but wanted to know if this PPU is making the difference? Thoughts?

Last edited:
Yes. Ticks are often hydraulic lifters getting stuck or getting aerated oil and creating too much lash. Sometimes a new oil will cure it.

Originally Posted By: Trav
No need to play home blender, the PU is a great oil all on its own.

The only "blend" I used was Caterhams blend and I liked it. Looking at all of the UOA's on it there is no question it works but I will do a UOA on this when I am done to see how it looks.

I can tell that the 2UZ-FE engine is much quieter with the Pennzoil Platinum Ultra in it. It seems smoother but that may be indicative of me not being able to hear it.

What is the acronym for Pennzoil Platinum Ultra with Pure Plus? PPUPP or just PPU? I haven't seen many people that have used it but I only looked for a few minutes

Originally Posted By: huntsonora

What is the acronym for Pennzoil Platinum Ultra with Pure Plus? PPUPP or just PPU? I haven't seen many people that have used it but I only looked for a few minutes

Its Pennz Ultra Platinum with PurePlus, so PUPPP, the marketers like to weird us out.

Originally Posted By: fredfactory

Its Pennz Ultra Platinum with PurePlus, so PUPPP, the marketers like to weird us out.

That's a fact!

It's hard to find any info on the new stuff. Maybe once all the older Ultra is gone info will be easier to find. Thanks!

PU - used for the old formula
PUP - generally used for the new formula

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back