Pennzoil Platinum LV Multi-Vehicle ATF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went over 60K on my Corolla. I would like to use the fluid and do a total fluid exchange but I am not sure how interpret this. It says it will work Toyota WS.

Kinematic viscosity : Typical 30 mm2/s at 40 °C / 104 °F

Yes, it would be an excellent substitute for and an upgrade from WS. The
"LV" is equivalent to WS's thickness or Dex VI.

I wanted to use it in our Lexus at my last swap but could not find it locally. It is getting more markert penetration now so I'll try to use it in the future.

Our NAPA has it in stock for $6.99.

They also have Magnafine in stock. I might look at one.

I sit in the DC stop and go traffic too often. Would love to pass this car down to my daughter in 5 years.

Il get 10 qts tomorrow and do a flush.

Thanks

I heard on a forum Pep Boys had it on sale last month $4/qt. None near me or I would have stocked up; check if you have that chain near you.

grab and extra qt. and do your PS system, too, if you haven't. I do every 30k at each AT service. Here's a good DIY if you need it:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/103-3r...ice-needed.html

I used to live in DC years ago and I do not even want to think about what the traffic has metastasized into these days...

OH, and I meant to add, the figure you want per your OP is to look at is Visc. at 100C - for Dex VI/WS type fluid, that would be about 6.0. This is "LV" - low visc. Dex III/T-IV prior gen fluids would be about 7.0 cST at 100C.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.
Are you saying this is around 7 visc.
Would this take gas mileage?

Yes traffic is brutal. I live near the Greenway toll road which is attached to the Dulles toll road. With the new interstate 66 inside the beltway becoming at toll it could coast me upwards of $30 per day to drive. Even parts of the beltway have toll "fast lanes".

Without sounding political, we have billions each month to drop bombs but no $$ for our roads.

What I meant was the LV fluids are all around 6.0 cST at 100C - Anything "LV" as well as Dex VI and WS. It will be the same as your WS and no mileage effect. It should wear much better as a syn and not degrade as fast. WS is not good on those fronts.

Yeah, the poor infrastructure of cities is a real disappointment. But from what I know, the DC boom the last decade + was not widely anticipated, though it was behind the times even 20 years ago. No excuse either way.

Whats the difference between:

Pennzoil Synthetic ATF Multi Vehicle Motor Oil (Home Depot)

AND

Pennzoil Platinum LV Multi-Vehicle ATF

I was under the impression one is made with natural gas and the other oil from the ground.

Would one really be any better than the other?

You can probably order it online for store pick-up at the same price. Most all big box stores do that now. Not sure about HD because I don't shop their much, but I'll keep an eye out for this stuff; good to know.

They may be both GTL (gas-to-lube); Pennzoil is really behind and bad on aligning their labels/product/lines and updating their public information. A look at the MSDSs usually clears it up because you see Fischer-Tropf distillates listed if it is GTL.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
GTL = Gas to Liquids or lube...

Fixed that for 'ya. Pedantry gets you no where around here.

Both phrases are used. Here's a technical paper with it.

Quote:
http://ils.ddn.upes.ac.in:8001/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=16545&shelfbrowse_itemnumber=75776

Last edited:
judging from the 40*C and 100*C viscosities...I'm going to say yes. Most transmissions area a joint venture anyway.
Can some one else chime in. I'm also looking at Peak LV, Max Life LV, Dex IV and MER LV options.

thanks

Originally Posted By: double vanos
At $6.99 I might as well splurge and get the real deal Mercon LV at $7.49 at Oreillys for my F150....

Maxlife is about $4/qt when you buy by the gallon
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back